Head of Commercial – East Africa Job at Lori Systems 2022
ABOUT THE ROLE
As an experienced sales strategist, the Head of Commercial will lead Lori’s commercial functions in the region and ensure the continued exponential growth of our customer base across East African markets. He/she will lead a team of talented business development professionals, delivering on our value proposition with customer obsession. This is a unique opportunity to drive strategic growth with creativity, innovation, and ownership..
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Develop and execute business development strategies to achieve sales targets, expand our customer base, and increase share of the wallet.
- Manage the East Africa business development leads to ensure that targets are exceeded.
- Recommend new product opportunities by providing well-researched data and being up-to-date on regional changes.
- Lead growth into other EA transit corridors and in new cargo categories.
WHAT IT TAKES:
- 10-15+ years experience in a commercial leadership role with a proven track record of managing sales cycle end-to-end and exceeding targets .
- Experience in managing and coaching high performing teams.
- Deep understanding of how to develop client-focused, differentiated and attainable solutions.
- Strong networking skills with the ability to foster and build strong industry relationships.
- Logistics industry experience in Sub Saharan Africa.
- Experience working in a vibrant, start-up environment.
- FMCG experience and or supply chain/consumer goods
- Tech savvy
- Kenya (potentially flexibility within other East African country with willingness to travel regularly)
Method of Application