Head of Retail Job in Kenya 2019
Head of Retail Job in Kenya 2019
Career Employment Kenya: Head of Retail Job in Kenya 2019
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Our client is a fashion retailer with 25 branches across the country.
They specialize in selling of elegant, unique and stylish footwear, bags, clothes and leather items.
They seek to hire an accomplished retail professional in the role of Head of Retail.
The successful candidate will work with a large sales team to ensure that all the branches achieve their targets and company achieves it financial goals.
This position reports to the Directors.
- Motivating the sales team to achieve the best results possible.
- Setting activity and revenue targets for members of the sales team.
- Continual training and development of all members of the sales department.
- Attending key meetings with members of the sales team.
- Working on account management of key corporate accounts within the branch
- Manage Marketing budget and assist with the Marketing of company products
- Identifying key areas for improvement in the sales process.
- Spotting market opportunities for new customers.
- Attending monthly meetings with other senior members of the business.
- All aspects of recruitment and selection for the sales department together with HR
- Attending industry events and conferences to generate new business leads.
- Acting as a spokesperson for the organization at sales events and conferences.
- Networking with other directors in order to generate new business for the company.
- Monthly reporting on sales performance against budget and reporting on variances.
- Identify new ways of generating incremental revenue/minimizing expenses for the organization.
- Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Degree in business management
- Previous 4+ years’ experience successfully managing sales teams ideally from a RETAIL INDUSTRY.
- Professional sales training would be a strong advantage.
- Proven track record of achieving targets and driving sales growth in a multi-unit retail business.
- Strong leadership skills and an ability to inspire sales teams.
- Self-motivated with high energy sales drive.
- Proven track record of closing business by building quality client relationships.
- Creativity to structure mutually beneficial deals.
- Excellent, proven cold call skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize goals.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends, based on business needs.
- Computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications.
- Communication skills, both oral and in writing;
- Sales Skills
- Deals well with pressure;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Reporting skills;
- Flexible (Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work);
- Analytical thinking skills;
- Good organizational skills;
- Good time management skills;
If you qualify for the above role, kindly send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Quote “HEAD OF RETAIL” on your email subject line.
Applications close on 20th September 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.