Hospitality Industry Accountant job in Kenya Nov 2015
Latest Jobs at Hospitality Industry Accountant in Kenya Nov 2015
Job Role: Responsible for developing and implementing sound financial policies and internal control systems in line with general accepted accounting standards.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Heading the Accounts Division, implementing the financial management policies, procedures and controls to ensure integrity and consistency with relevant legislative frameworks
- Champion a training culture and professional development within the Accounts team to ensure an excellence culture that exceeds the very best the industry has to offer.
- Develop in liaison with director in charge an operating budget for each of the Club’s sub-department’s revenue, monitoring and taking corrective actions as necessary to help ensure that budget goals are attained.
- Ensure that all standard operating procedures for revenue and cost control are in place and consistently utilized
- Maintaining the Club’s equipment and asset register, manage and monitor expenditure associated with all equipment repairs.
- Establish quantity and quality output standards for personnel in all positions within the department.
- Monitor purchasing and receiving procedures for products and supplies to ensure proper quantity, quality and pricing for all purchases.
- Oversee preparation of monthly cash flow statements and bank reconciliation statements, petty cash reimbursements, drawing of cheques and ensuring that they are properly & timely signed by the signatories.
- Ensure timely remittance of statutory deductions and general compliance with statutory requirements.
- Maintaining the Members’ accounts and responding to Members’ enquiries on their accounts.
- Business degree from a recognized institution
- CPA / ACCA or equivalent required
- A minimum of three years’ work experience
- Should be computer system literate and with good knowledge of Experience and Knowledge of SUN Systems, Micros Fidelio and Material Controls
- Good knowledge of other accounting software is an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills, team player, independent, proactive, dependable
- Demonstrated ease in exercising initiative, good judgment, attention to detail, good problem solving and decision making.
- Superior written, verbal, interpersonal & communication skills and capacity to build and maintain good long term relationships with members and suppliers
- Ability to demonstrate skills in organization, prioritization, leadership, people management, and communication
- Above board levels of honesty, integrity and confidentiality.
- Detail oriented and with demonstrable initiative/self-starter