Human Resource Manager Job in Kenya (250K) 2021
Human Resource Manager Job in Kenya (250K) 2021
Career Employment Kenya: Human Resource Manager Job in Kenya (250K) 2021
Job Description: Today Recruitment Kenya
Job Vacancy: Human Resource Manager
Salary Range: KShs 150,000 – KShs 250,000
Job Summary: Our client is seeking to recruit a Human Resource Manager who will be responsible for creating competitive advantage through people by creating a culture of engagement, performance, developing and retaining the workforce; continually enhancing great employee experience while driving regulatory compliance for its sister companies to achieve set performance standards.
Responsibilities and accountabilities
1. Strategy – Support the corporate vision, mission and strategic objectives of the Company through formulation and implementation of suitable HR strategies, policies and practices
2. Human Resource Policy: Develop and review HR Policies, frameworks, and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements in order to support the delivery of MMI’S business objectives and promote high standards of people management. This position will be responsible for the review and circulation the HR Policy manual and Employee Handbook;
3. Workforce Planning – Jointly with the various heads of departments define job requirements, develop appropriate and up to date job descriptions and conduct comprehensive manpower
planning to obtain optimal staffing levels in each department.
4. Performance Management: Enable the realization of both short term and long-term benefits for the organization by working in collaboration with the other heads of departments to develop and successfully implement MMI’s performance management framework that links to reward.
5. Employee Development: Guide the implementation of staff development programs by supporting the departmental Heads in conducting training needs analysis, collation of information on staff training & development needs, and involvement in identification of suitable interventions for identified gaps;
6. Staff Engagement and Productivity: Formulate and implement a robust performance management system, clear staff & leadership growth and development systems, and equitable, innovative, and competitive remuneration to drive engagement and productivity.
7. Payroll Administration: Collaborate with the Finance Department to ensure that payment processes are implemented in a timely manner.
8. Compensation and Benefits Management: Create innovative, competitive compensation and benefit practices through robust benchmarking in the industry and implement pragmatically to enable MMI to remain competitive and enable it to attract the right calibre of employees. This will also include reviewing the medical benefits and welfare to ensure maximum value out of the policies;
9. Talent Management –Ensure attraction, development and retention of a well-trained and motivated workforce by formulating and implementing HR strategies and systems such as robust performance management, staff development programme, succession planning and competitive remuneration.
10. Employee Relations- Provide a conducive working environment by providing adequate and open communication channels, staff welfare programmes and quick and effective resolution of
staff disputes by having a well-documented and communicated dispute handling and disciplinary procedure.
11. Reporting: Design reporting templates for various HR aspects to ensure that the MMI Leadership and its sister companies is kept updated on all relevant employee matters.
Compliance: Drive Company compliance to all relevant legislations with a keen focus on Employment Act, OSHA and WIBA.
Key performance indicators
- Approved departmental strategy
- Approved performance management framework
- HR Policies adherence
- Compliance status to relevant legislation
- Optimal staffing at all times with a short recruitment span of three months
- Harmonized pay structures
- Effective Leave management
- Staff Retention
- Approved training calendar and budget
- Employee handbook
- HR department budget management
- Bachelor’s Degree in HRM or Business-related field
- Professional Qualification in HRM e.g CHRP, Higher Diploma in HRM
- Valid Practicing Certificate and full IHRM Membership
- Seven(7) years’ experience in HR Three (3) of which must have been in a supervisory role
- Proven ability of leadership and ability to grow people
- Excellent communication skills with senior management and staff
- Experience in handling performance management.
- Work well under pressure
- Ability to work in a team
- Experience in handling a skills audit
- Experience in Training and development
Competencies and attributes
a) Technical Competence: Demonstrated knowledge and applicability of the Labour laws with a focus to the Employment Act; OSHA and WIBA.
b) Leadership & Results Orientation: Training, Coaching and Driving results through people; and hold individuals accountable for results through continuous follow through initiatives.
c) Planning and Coordination: – demonstrated hands on experience in developing and executing people management plans; coordinating the day to day operations of a department in a manner that facilitates growth.
d) Strategic mindset: able to have a long-term perspective of the organization; see the big picture and guide others towards that envisioned goal.
e) Professionalism; Negotiation & Communication skills: able to engage, persuade and convince stakeholders in order to get desired decisions, information and output in line with the envisioned
f) Entrepreneurial mindset: have a business thinking and see the commercial aspects of various initiatives
g) Stakeholder Management: Able to engage effectively with internal and external stakeholders to ensure department requirements are met.
h) Effective communication – Ability to communicate information, verbally and in writing, in a way that creates understanding, captures interest and gains support
i) Employee advocacy – ability to clearly define how leadership should be treating employees; ensuring employees have the mechanisms required to contest unfair practices; and represent the
interests of employees within the framework of its primary obligation to senior management.
j) Change Management – Drives the improvement of organizational culture, processes, or products/services; establishes and encourages others to achieve a best practice approach; translates
new ideas into concrete action plans.
Relationships and working contacts
- Internal Stakeholders: All Staff
- External Stakeholders: Service providers, Regulatory bodies,
Work Environment: Office setup with occasional trips to sister companies and other relevant offices.
How to Apply
To apply send your CV to email@example.com by 21st July 2021.
Indicating Human Resource Manager on the Mail subject.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.