ICRC ICT Specialist Job in Kenya 2021
ICRC ICT Specialist Job in Kenya 2021
Career Employment Kenya: ICRC ICT Specialist Job in Kenya 2021
Job Description: Today Recruitment Kenya
International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
Job Opportunity: ICT Specialist 2
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti.
Overall Responsibility: The Incumbent manages and organizes all ICT systems and services in the location where they are posted. The ICT Specialist 2 assists the ICT Manager in designing and installing ICT infrastructure.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage ICT projects assigned by supervisor, document them and ensure that they are delivered on time;
- Ensures existing ICT infrastructure is functional;
- Ensures that global/country-level policies and procedures are implemented and followed;
- Briefs, advises and trains end-users on the ICRC’s ICT systems and equipment;
- Install, maintain and repair all IT hardware, IT infrastructure (LAN, WAN, Wireless) and Telecom (HF, VHF, sat phones, PABX, etc.) in line with ICRC standards;
- Drafts and keeps technical documentation up to date for all ICT installations;
- Follows the tickets attribution and ongoing requests in absence of the supervisor;
- Allocates equipment in an efficient manner, considering users’ needs and ICRC policies;
- Manages Pool equipment, keeps track of equipment allocations, dispatches equipment and follows up on shipments to and from other ICRC sites;
- Updates the ICT Inventory after every change of attribution or intervention on a device, strictly following the SoP for Inventory management;
- Diagnoses equipment declared broken down and decides to repair on the spot, externally or declare it unusable;
- Places orders for parts, equipment and tools, locally or in Geneva, according to standing procedures and in collaboration with the ICT Management and logistics;
- Liaises with suppliers and support companies to request for goods or services as instructed by the ICT management and ensure that all the accounting details are in order before payments are made.
Minimum Requirements and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Information Technology, electronics, computer science or similar field;
- Minimum 3-5 years’ troubleshooting experience in an area of the ICT service catalogue (e.g. network administration, workplace services, telecommunications, IT, helpdesk, radio, etc.);
- Excellent ICT knowledge in computers, servers, utilities, printers and peripherals;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English (Knowledge of French is an asset);
- Experience in HF & VHF radio, Vsat and PABX installations and technologies;
- Professional certification(s) in domains of Network, Operating System, Software Development, ICT services management is/are an asset;
- Experience in an international organization or NGO;
- Certificate of good conduct.
The interested candidates should fill up a form by clicking the link below on or before 17th December 2021 at 4:30 pm then submit their CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas, Degree etc) and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Nairobi Delegation, HR Department via the email address provided below:
– Application Link
– E-mail: email@example.com
The reference ICT Specialist 2 must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not fill out the required information as per the link provided or clearly state the position for which you are applying and attach the required certificates & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants must have the permanent right to work in Kenya.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.
ICRC is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
In processing your personal data for recruitment purposes, we follow the information notice as explained HERE.