ICRC Regional Investigation Officer 2 Job 2022
ICRC Regional Investigation Officer 2 Job 2022
Career Employment Kenya: ICRC Regional Investigation Officer 2 Job 2022
Job Description: Today Recruitment Kenya
Regional Investigation Officer 2 Job, Kenyan NGO Jobs 2022,
The Regional Investigation Officer 2 is responsible for working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, the incumbent undertakes investigations of alleged misconduct or violations of ICRC internal policies and procedures, ensuring best practices.
Duties & Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the regional investigation manager or designate, the incumbent is responsible for the following duties:
- Plans, organizes, conducts and/or supervises investigations of the most serious and complex cases of corruption and fraud as well as sexual exploitation and abuse. This includes adducing evidence, obtaining and reviewing pertinent documentation, conducting interviews and taking statements, analysing facts and determining findings;
- Undertakes investigations and ensures that inquiries and investigations are coordinated by the Ethic, Risks and Compliance Office;
- Obtains and reviews relevant documentation; conducts interviews and takes statements; analyses facts, determines findings, and formulates recommended disciplinary and jurisdictional actions; gathers and analyses electronic evidence;
- Determines whether matters involve potential fraud, corruption or other illegal or criminal conduct warranting referral to national authorities;
- Prepares complete and concise investigation reports and conducts post-investigation tasks;
- Works collaboratively and in coordination with colleagues to achieve Organizational goals, in accordance with ICRC Code of Conduct Framework and Operational Guidelines and in compliance with other Organizational principles and regulations;
- Performs other preventive compliance activities as required including training;
- Prepares cases for submission to the internal justice system and/or referral to relevant national jurisdictions and supports the case manager in the triage process;
- Manages and handles evidentiary material, including locating and liaising with relevant forensic institutions; cooperates and supports the General Counsel and the Department of Operations;
- Liaises with staff and management both at headquarters and in delegations worldwide to discuss the work of the Ethics, Risk and Compliance Office and provide advice and expertise related to inquiries.
- University Degree in Social sciences, economics or law and/or professional certification from national law enforcement bodies;
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices. Participation in investigation training courses or Certified Fraud Examiner certification is an asset;
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience with investigatory procedures and practice;
- Expertise in investigation techniques, particularly where conduct also may have criminal implications that could result in prosecution before local courts;
- Knowledge of legal, procedural and evidentiary standards;
- Previous experience in investigating internal fraud, sexual harassment, harassment, abuse of authority, and/or sexual exploitation and abuse cases is a strong asset;
- Experience with victim handling and safeguarding activities;
- Knowledge of international investigative and/or administrative tribunal legal, procedural and evidentiary standards;
- Excellent drafting and report writing skills;
- Fluency in English is mandatory and French knowledge is a strong asset.
How to Apply
The interested candidates should fill up a form by clicking the link below on or before 07th October 2022 at 4:30 pm and then submit their CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas, Degree etc) and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Nairobi Delegation, HR Department via the email address provided below:
The reference REGIONAL INVESTIGATION OFFICER 2 must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not fill out the required information as per the link provided or clearly state the position for which you are applying and attach the required certificates & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants must have the permanent right to work in Kenya.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.