ICT Officer Job EAC Kenya 2020
ICT Officer Job EAC Kenya 2020
Career Employment Kenya: ICT Officer Job EAC Kenya 2020
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
IT Officer Job, Latest IT Jobs In Kenya,
The East African Community is a regional intergovernmental organization comprising the Republic of Burundi, the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Rwanda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Republic of South Sudan, and the Republic of Uganda with its Headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania.
The EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social, and cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production, trade, and investments.
This is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated and result-driven professionals who are citizens of East African Community Partner States (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, South Sudan,and Uganda) to apply for the following position tenable at Lake Victoria Basin Commission (LVBC).
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY OFFICER(1 Post) (REF: EAC/HR/2020-21/29)
Office: Office of Deputy Executive Secretary (Finance and Administration)
Reports to: Deputy Executive Secretary (Finance and Administration)
Duty Station : Kisumu, Kenya
Main Purpose of the Job
To facilitate maintenance and management of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Systems of the Commission.
- Plan, direct and manage Information Technology Systems for the Commission;
- Co-ordinate implementation and training of Staff on the ICT;
- Oversee the updates of the Commission’s ICT systems and its security;
- Facilitate and manage the process of development, improvement and administration of LVBC website and the LVB Resource Center;
- Develop appropriate training programmes, database security, back-ups, disaster recovery procedures and database standards;
- Schedule installation of new hardware and software to minimize impact;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Management.
- Bachelors’ degree in Information Technology Systems, Computer Science, Systems/Computer Engineering or equivalent;
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in the field of ICT.
Note: Post graduate Diploma in ICT plus a certification in any of the related field will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies
- Communication, troubleshooting, analytical, networking, and report writing skills;
- Excellent computer analytical skills;
- Good communication and report writing skills; ability handle basic IT trouble-shooting activities.
Eligibility for applications
Applicants from all EAC Partner States are eligible to apply for the above position.
Terms and Conditions of Service
The above position is tenable for a contract of five (5) years renewable once.
This position is subject to the application of the Quota System.
The established posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
All candidates applying must have qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national accreditation body in their respective Partner State. This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
All professions that require registration with the specific professional bodies will be expected to do so in compliance with the requirements of their respective Partner States.
Relevant Working Experience
Internship, training, and apprenticeship will not be considered as relevant work experience.
The EAC is an equal opportunity employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
How to Apply
Apply for IT Officer Job here
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above mentioned position are advised to :
- Fill in the application form attached (download from here);
- attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified academic certificates, and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
- Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
- For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than Friday, 21st August 2020.
- You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
- Applications which do not :
- have EAC application form;
- indicate nationality and age;
- have the reference number;
- or have an application letter attached;
- have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
- or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted
- EAC Staff Rules and Regulations preclude considerations of applicants above 55 years of age.
Please note that EAC does not require candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for interviews will be done in writing.
A due diligence will be conducted for all successful candidates in respect of their academic certificates (certification by a recognized higher education body in the respective Partner States) and employment records.