IOM National Information Management Officer Job Kenya 2021
IOM National Information Management Officer Job Kenya 2021
Career Employment Kenya: IOM National Information Management Officer Job Kenya 2021
Job Description: Today vacancy in Kenya
The IOM Somalia team is implementing frontline activities as well as taking the lead in implementing the Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM).
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Programme Coordinator (Emergency and Post Crisis), and the direct supervision of the Programme Manager DTM), and in coordination with the Regional Data Hub in Nairobi the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Information Management requirements for the implementation of specific DTM operations. In particular, he/she will:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist in planning, developing, and implementing the integrated mechanism for information management across DTM activities for the accurate and reliable collection, storage and processing of data in a timely manner;
- Provide technical support for the implementation of DTM activities in line with HQ’s DTM methodological framework, IOM’s technical Information Management requirements, and operational needs. Monitor and contribute to software and system development database management and relevant capacity building or training initiatives;
- Propose the design of and apply methodologies and data collection tools for thematic surveys and assessments;
- Supervise data collection processes and data management activities including encoding, storing, and transferring data as well as processing;
- Conduct preliminary analysis of data collected through DTM exercises and provide inputs for the development of information products that best visualize and disseminate the information, in close coordination with the Regional Data Hub;
- Track and follow up on the timely preparation and generation of information products, and support information sharing and dissemination through all relevant channels in line with IOM’s data protection principles and as agreed by the program manager;
- Identify gaps in data and information relevant to the programme implementation and work closely with the CCCM-DTM Project Manager aiming to address such needs;
- Conduct training modules for different stakeholders as required for the implementation of information management to ensure smooth roll out of activities;
- Contribute to the design of other databases and auxiliary systems for existing or new programmes and projects in IOM, as required;
- Actively provide technical support, when necessary, in relevant interagency meetings (Government, UN, I/NGOs, other partners), including cluster/sector, working groups and task force meetings to follow up on resulting action points and recommendations; share meetings minutes with relevant units/colleagues;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Information Management, Computer Science, Media or Social Sciences or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience..
- Experience in Information Management, emergency humanitarian operations; management and coordination of information flows, data management including collection, storing, processing, and analysing data to generate information products;
- Experience working with international organizations and humanitarian/assessment operations, experience in DTM is an advantage
- Experience in relevant issues such as migration, displacement, and humanitarian assistance.
- Experience with handling confidential data;
- Experience in advanced data visualization and information design skills
- In-depth knowledge of the latest technological developments in information technology and information system;
- Demonstrated ability for leadership in the context of partnership building and consensual decision-making;
- Proven skills to analyse statistical information;
- Ability to formulate IM-related technical requirements and Operating Procedures;
- Ability to translate planning-specifications into technical briefs for data capture and analysis, and vice versa;
- Ability to compile and holistically analyse diverse datasets;
- Demonstrated team-building and information management skills;
- Demonstrated understanding of different data collection methodologies;
- Knowledge and understanding of relational data theory;
- Knowledge of the region is an advantage.
Fluency in English and Kiswahili both written and oral is required. Working knowledge of Somali is an advantage.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2*
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others and building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.