IPOA Database and Systems Analyst Job in Kenya 2021
IPOA Database and Systems Analyst Job in Kenya 2021
Career Employment Kenya: IPOA Database and Systems Analyst Job in Kenya 2021
Job Description: Today Recruitment Kenya
The Independent Policing Oversight Authority (IPOA) is a state Authority created under an Act of Parliament No.35 of 2011, with the mandate of holding the police accountable to the public in the performance of their functions.
The Authority wishes to recruit results-oriented Kenyans citizen with drive, vision and creativity to fill the following vacant positions: –
DATABASE AND SYSTEMS ANALYST
IPOA GRADE 6
CONSOLIDATED SALARY: KES.90,000 – 130,000
The Database and Systems Analyst will design and implement ICT systems and database infrastructure and architecture.
The position will be responsible to the Head of ICT.
Specific duties and responsibilities will entail: –
1) Manage Database on Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014, tune performance and connections, implement disaster recovery strategies, database security, develop reports using reporting Services and structured query language (SQL) scripting;
2) Implement xRM solutions on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013, 2015 or 2016 platform with entity, security model and web services engineering;
3) Monitor and maintain CRM integrations including technical troubleshooting of APIs and source/target integration points, Microsoft SharePoint setup and management, develop CRM custom workflow assemblies and plug-ins;
4) Integrate Microsoft CRM forms, screens, workflows, plugins and views, workflows and reports around the customer needs to address functionality and usability gaps and where necessary identify hardware and software requirement.
5) Collaborate with end-users to troubleshoot, resolve dynamics CRM issues and execute end user training, acceptance testing as well as system’s technical and user documentation, and provide advisory on utilization of packages, new software applications and programs.
6) Install and configure software packages and/or equipment, resolution of technical issues on windows servers/Linux and databases, and carrying out periodic patching and upgrades.
7) Track and maintain log matrix for systems and databases process issues and incidents;
8) Develop and submit timely updates and advisories on systems and databases to inform strategic decision.
9) Implement system and database procedures and business continuity processes;
a) Must be a citizen of Kenya.
b) Meets the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya (certificates to be presented during the interview).
For appointment to this position, a candidate must have:
(i) Bachelor’s degree in any of the following; Information Technology, Computer Science/Engineering, Business Information Technology or Computer Technology from a recognized institution;
(ii) Microsoft Dynamics CRM Certifications MCSE Level with experience is a MUST;
(iii) Extensive experience in SDLC (Software/System Development Life Cycle) methodologies with 2+ years of proven experience in the development and administration of the latest MS Dynamics CRM platform (On premise or Online)
(iv) A good understanding of standard networking protocols and components such as: HTTP(s), DNS, TCP/IP, ICMP, VPN, Active Directory, High Availability and Load Balancing
(v) Experience in Public Key Infrastructure, IIS, Exchange, SRS and other related technologies to CRM
(vi) Experience in Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014 database management
(vii) Professional certifications in ICT such as Certified Computer Network Professional (CCNP, CCNA, MCSE, MCSA, MCSD, Oracle Certified Database Administrator, CISM/CISA or their equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
(viii) Microsoft SQL, MySQL database administration and Microsoft Dynamics Navision certification are added advantage
Required behavioural and functional skills:
- Transparency and accountability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Team player
- Creativity and innovation
- Organization and Planning Skills
- Dispute Resolution Skills
- Decision Making Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Communication Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Database management skills
How to Apply:
Interested persons who meet the requirements should submit their application through Post Office, email, online or by hand delivery, clearly indicating the position and job reference number, on both the cover letter, envelope and email applications, together with a detailed CV, copies of academic certificates, national identity card, names and telephone contacts of three referees, so as to reach the Authority by Tuesday, 4th May, 2021 to:
Director/Chief Executive Officer, Independent Policing Oversight Authority,
1st Ngong Avenue, ACK Garden Annex, 2nd Floor,
P.O Box 23035 – 00100, NAIROBI.
Online application portal: https://portal.ipoa.go.ke/careers/
Detailed job descriptions and specifications for the above positions are available in our website www.ipoa.go.ke/careers
IPOA is an equal opportunity employer and shall not in its recruitment discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, ethnic origin, political affiliation, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability, health or social status. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
IPOA does not engage any recruitment agencies and no medical examination is required before one attends an interview.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.