IPOA Director Investigations Job in Kenya 2021
IPOA Director Investigations Job in Kenya 2021
Career Employment Kenya: IPOA Director Investigations Job in Kenya 2021
Job Description: Today Recruitment Kenya
The Independent Policing Oversight Authority (IPOA) is a state Authority created under an Act of Parliament No.35 of 2011, with the mandate of holding the police accountable to the public in the performance of their functions.
The Authority wishes to recruit results-oriented Kenyans citizen with drive, vision and creativity to fill the following vacant positions: –
JOB GRADE IPOA 2
CONSOLIDATED SALARY: KES.320,000 – 470,000
The Director of investigations will provide leadership and direction in investigations and forensic services in the Authority as provided and guided under Section 6, 7, 24 and 25 of the IPOA Act.
The position reports to the Chief Executive officer.
The Director of investigations is responsible for the following: –
1) Oversee the development and implementation of policies, strategies, manuals, plans, procedures and standards pertaining to investigations and forensic services;
2) Oversee investigations into complaints related to offences committed by any member of the Service and recommendations made to the relevant authorities;
3) Initiate strategic linkages with stakeholders in relation to investigations, forensic and intelligence operations;
4) Oversee investigations of policing operations affecting members of the public;
5) Provide guidance on investigations, forensic and intelligence management;
6) Establish controls for deployment and application of investigations and forensic tools, kits and equipment;
7) Spearhead the development and implementation of Directorate work plans, data, information, records and resources;
8) Oversee the review of patterns and trends of police misconduct;
9) Spearhead the taking over of ongoing internal investigations undertaken by the Internal Affairs Unit of the National Police Service;
10) Provide leadership, guidance, coaching and mentorship for the Directorate staff;
11) Oversee employee performance management and competency development in the Directorate.
a) Must be a citizen of Kenya.
b) Meets the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya (certificates to be presented during the interview).
For appointment at this position, a candidate must have: –
(i) A Master’s degree in Forensic Science, Criminal Justice, Criminology, Law, Social Sciences, Military/ Police Science or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
(ii) Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: – forensic science, criminal justice, criminology, law, social sciences or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
(iii) Served for a minimum period of three (3) years in the grade of either Head-Investigations, Head-Rapid Response and Forensic Services at IPOA or in a comparable and relevant position for a period of fifteen (15) years, five (5) of which must have been in a Senior Management level in the Public Service or Private Sector.
(iv) Certificate in either Corporate Governance or Strategic Leadership Development Programme from a recognized institution;
(v) Registered with a relevant Professional Body where applicable;
(vi) Certificate in computer application.
(vii) Demonstrated integrity, professional competence and ability in planning and controlling Investigations activities.
Required behavioral and functional skills:
- Transparency and accountability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Team player
- Creativity and innovation.
- Strategic Leadership Skills
- Financial Management Skills
- Investigations Management Skills
- Organization and Planning Skills
- Dispute Resolution Skills
- Decision Making Skills
- Analytical Skills
How to Apply:
Interested persons who meet the requirements should submit their application through Post Office, email, online or by hand delivery, clearly indicating the position and job reference number, on both the cover letter, envelope and email applications, together with a detailed CV, copies of academic certificates, national identity card, names and telephone contacts of three referees, so as to reach the Authority by Tuesday, 4th May, 2021 to:
Director/Chief Executive Officer, Independent Policing Oversight Authority,
1st Ngong Avenue, ACK Garden Annex, 2nd Floor,
P.O Box 23035 – 00100, NAIROBI.
Online application portal: https://portal.ipoa.go.ke/careers/
Detailed job descriptions and specifications for the above positions are available in our website www.ipoa.go.ke/careers
IPOA is an equal opportunity employer and shall not in its recruitment discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, ethnic origin, political affiliation, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability, health or social status. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
IPOA does not engage any recruitment agencies and no medical examination is required before one attends an interview.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.