IPOA Head of Human Capital Job in Kenya 2021
IPOA Head of Human Capital Job in Kenya 2021
Career Employment Kenya: IPOA Head of Human Capital Job in Kenya 2021
Job Description: Today Recruitment Kenya
The Independent Policing Oversight Authority (IPOA) is a state Authority created under an Act of Parliament No.35 of 2011, with the mandate of holding the police accountable to the public in the performance of their functions.
The Authority wishes to recruit results-oriented Kenyans citizen with drive, vision and creativity to fill the following vacant positions: –
HEAD OF HUMAN CAPITAL
IPOA GRADE 3
CONSOLIDATED SALARY: KES.236,000 – 351,000
The Head of Human Capital will be responsible to the Chief Executive Officer in providing professional leadership in formulating and implementing best practices in human resource management in compliance with national labour legislation, relevant policies and regulations.
Specific duties and responsibilities will entail: –
1) Oversee the development and implementation of human resource strategies, policies and procedures in with the organizational strategic objective;
2) Provide advice on alignment of the establishment to the organizational structure and strategy for institutional capacity enhancement;
3) Spearhead establishment of human resource plans for optimal deployment and productivity;
4) Spearhead the development of measures for effective implementation of the staff performance management system and integrate career progression guidelines as appropriate;
5) Provide guidance on competency development and knowledge management initiatives for leadership skills, technical and professional growth;
6) Oversee effective establishment and coordination of human resource business processes;
7) Provide advice on establishment of a competitive remuneration, grading and benefits structure.
8) Spearhead development and implementation of coaching, mentorship and succession planning programmes;
9) Spearhead enforcement of employee discipline and compliance to policies and guidelines;
10) Provide guidance on establishment of structures and systems on staff welfare, workplace safety and health;
11) Spearhead the implementation of organizational change and diversity management initiatives for robust organizational culture;
12) Oversee development and implementation of departmental annual budget, procurement plan and work plans;
13) Provide leadership in establishment of mechanisms for implementing accountability structures, monitoring of departmental and individual human resource staff performance.
a) Must be a citizen of Kenya.
b) Meets the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya.
For appointment at this position, a candidate must have: –
(i) Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Human Resource Management/Development, Industrial Relations, Business Administration (Human Resource Option) or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution.
(ii) Served in the grade of Principal Human Resource Officer for a minimum period of three (3) years at IPOA or twelve (12) years in a comparable and relevant position of which three (3) must have been in a management position in the Public or Private Sector.
(iii) Certified Human Resource Practitioner – Kenya (CHRP -K)
(iv) Registered as a professional full member with Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM)
(v) Valid Practicing Certificate
(vi) Certificate in computer application skills
(vii) A Certificate in either Corporate Governance, Strategic Leadership Development Program or equivalent qualifications lasting not less than three (3) Weeks from a recognized institution
Required behavioural and functional skills:
- Strategic Leadership Skills
- Financial Management Skills
- Organization and Planning Skills
- Dispute Resolution Skills
- Counselling Skills
- Decision Making Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Communication Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Transparency and accountability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Team player
- Creativity and innovation
How to Apply:
Interested persons who meet the requirements should submit their application through Post Office, email, online or by hand delivery, clearly indicating the position and job reference number, on both the cover letter, envelope and email applications, together with a detailed CV, copies of academic certificates, national identity card, names and telephone contacts of three referees, so as to reach the Authority by Tuesday, 4th May, 2021 to:
Director/Chief Executive Officer, Independent Policing Oversight Authority,
1st Ngong Avenue, ACK Garden Annex, 2nd Floor,
P.O Box 23035 – 00100, NAIROBI.
Online application portal: https://portal.ipoa.go.ke/careers/
Detailed job descriptions and specifications for the above positions are available in our website www.ipoa.go.ke/careers
IPOA is an equal opportunity employer and shall not in its recruitment discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, ethnic origin, political affiliation, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability, health or social status. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
IPOA does not engage any recruitment agencies and no medical examination is required before one attends an interview.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.