IPOA Head of Risk & Audit Job in Kenya 2021
IPOA Head of Risk & Audit Job in Kenya 2021
Career Employment Kenya: IPOA Head of Risk & Audit Job in Kenya 2021
Job Description: Today Recruitment Kenya
The Independent Policing Oversight Authority (IPOA) is a state Authority created under an Act of Parliament No.35 of 2011, with the mandate of holding the police accountable to the public in the performance of their functions.
The Authority wishes to recruit results-oriented Kenyans citizen with drive, vision and creativity to fill the following vacant positions: –
HEAD, RISK & AUDIT
JOB GRADE: IPOA 3
CONSOLIDATED SALARY: KES.236,000 – 351,000
The Head of Risk and Audit will provide independent and objective quality assurance in the Authority’s systems and processes as per Public Audit Act 2015.
The position reports to the Board functionally and to the Director/ Chief Executive officer administratively.
The Head of Risk and Audit is responsible for the following: –
1) Lead in the development and review of internal audit strategies, policies, procedures, and guidelines;
2) Spearhead the development and implementation of annual internal audit plan;
3) Manage audit reviews for risk management process and internal controls;
4) Oversee internal controls and monitoring functions related to risk management, compliance, security, ethics, and environmental issues;
5) Advice on the formulation of new procedures and organizational changes resulting from audit/consulting engagements;
6) Oversee the implementation of risk assessment and management guidelines.
7) Provide guidance in conducting special audit and reviews to ensure, compliance;
8) Oversee the approval of audit programs and testing procedures to ensure appropriateness for the areas in scope;
9) Oversee establishment and implementation of internal audit systems in accordance with International Auditing Standards;
10) Provide leadership guidance coaching and mentorship for the departmental staff;
11) Oversee employee performance management and competency development in the department.
a) Must be a citizen of Kenya.
b) Meets the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya (certificates to be presented during the interview).
For appointment at this position, a candidate must have: –
(i) Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines Auditing, Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
(ii) Bachelor’s degree in the following disciplines: Commerce (Finance or Accounting Option), Business Administration (Accounting Option); or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
(iii) Must be a CPA(K) or have equivalent qualification from recognized institution;
(iv) Must be a registered member of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or ISACA;
(v) Served in the grade of Principal Risk & Audit Officer for a minimum period of three (3) years or twelve (12) years in a comparable and relevant position in the Public or Private Sector;
(vi) Certificate in either Corporate Governance or Strategic Leadership Development Programme or equivalent qualification lasting not less than three (3) weeks from a recognized institution;
(vii) Certificate in computer application skills; and
(viii) Demonstrated integrity, professional competence and ability in planning and controlling internal audit activities.
Required behavioral and functional skills:
- Transparency and accountability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Team player
- Creativity and innovation.
- Strategic Leadership Skills
- Financial Management Skills
- Investigations Skills
- Organization and Planning Skills
- Dispute Resolution Skills
- Decision Making Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Communication Skills
- Negotiation Skills
How to Apply:
Interested persons who meet the requirements should submit their application through Post Office, email, online or by hand delivery, clearly indicating the position and job reference number, on both the cover letter, envelope and email applications, together with a detailed CV, copies of academic certificates, national identity card, names and telephone contacts of three referees, so as to reach the Authority by Tuesday, 4th May, 2021 to:
Director/Chief Executive Officer, Independent Policing Oversight Authority,
1st Ngong Avenue, ACK Garden Annex, 2nd Floor,
P.O Box 23035 – 00100, NAIROBI.
Online application portal: https://portal.ipoa.go.ke/careers/
Detailed job descriptions and specifications for the above positions are available in our website www.ipoa.go.ke/careers
IPOA is an equal opportunity employer and shall not in its recruitment discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, ethnic origin, political affiliation, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability, health or social status. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
IPOA does not engage any recruitment agencies and no medical examination is required before one attends an interview.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.