IT Support Manager Job KCB Kenya 2020
IT Support Manager Job KCB Kenya 2020
Career Employment Kenya: IT Support Manager Job KCB Kenya 2020
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
IT Applications Support Manager Jobs, IT Jobs In Kenya, KCB Bank Jobs
IT Applications Support Manager
Technology Service Delivery Department is responsible for managing the delivery, performance, supply chain of IT services and enterprise applications to provide the required level of service, system performance and functionality required to meet business objectives and customer (internal/external) expectations.
The primary purpose of this role is to manage and coordinate the analysis, evaluation, development, testing and implementation of Banks software applications and to make recommendations on software applications. The role also covers the efficient functioning and day to day running of the business applications.
- Manage and participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies and priorities for assigned programs. Recommend, develop and administer policies and procedures. Recommend, within divisional policy, appropriate service and staffing levels.
- Plan, direct, coordinate and review the work plan for Applications Support staff. Assign work activities, projects and programs. Review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures. Meet with staff to identify and resolve problems.
- Implement system changes through automation, process change, management solutions and training.
- Conduct diagnostic investigations of system errors and implement or recommend solutions or methodologies for resolution. Consult with vendors regarding system functionality.
- Prepare various documentation including project reports, process and user manuals, presentations, strategic and technical plans and other related information on assigned application analyses.
- Develops risk management procedures, business continuance scenarios, contingency and disaster recovery plans for central and distributed systems and networks to maintain operations during downtime and/or major disasters.
- Identifies and makes recommendations regarding critical points of failure. Develops and implements policies and procedures for business continuance and disaster recovery plans. Proactive in building processes to minimize/eliminate downtime.
- Responsible for researching, developing and implementing testing methods and procedures. Ensures that products meet the highest quality standards. Monitors and reports on defects.
- Review proposed systems software for compliance with applicable quality assurance standards before acquisition or implementation.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in ICT or Related Field from a recognized university. A Master’s Degree will be added advantage.
- Professional qualifications such as MCSE or MCITP or related is required.
- 4 years supervisory experience in Information Technology with hands on experience in:
- Internet Technologies.
- Operating Systems.
- Database Management.
- Hardware Management.
- LINUX/UNIX Administration
- Experience with Banking Applications.
- Experience in methods & techniques for installation, administration, monitoring, upgrading and problem resolution of central application software systems.
- Knowledge and experience in basic budgeting, contracting, purchasing practices, policies and procedures in an IT environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including teamwork, facilitation and customer relationship skills.
How to Apply
The above positions are demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Wednesday, 26th February 2020.
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are invited to interview for any positions, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card.
- Birth Certificate of self.
- Passport Photo (White Background).
- NSSF Card.
- NHIF Card.
- Police Clearance Certificate (less than 5 Months old).
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts.
- Certificates of Service from previous employers as applicable.