Job vacancy at Fresh Produce Exporters Association of Kenya Nov 2015
General Manager Career Recruitment at Fresh Produce Exporters Association of Kenya Nov 2015
Job vacancy: General Manager Kenya 2015
Fresh Produce Exporters Association of Kenya
Job Title: General Manager
Deadline for Application: By close of business on Friday 28th November 2015
The key roles and tasks for the general manager are:
- Enhance management’s efficiency and effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counselling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities.
- Develop strategic plan by studying technological and financial opportunities; presenting assumptions; recommending objectives.
- Achieve objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections.
- Coordinates efforts by establishing procurement, production, marketing, field, and technical services policies and practices; coordinating actions with corporate staff.
- Build company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing
- professional publications; establishing personal networks; bench marking state-of the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
Skills:– People Management, Performance Management, Staffing, Management Proficiency, Coordination, Coaching, Developing Standards, Financial Planning and Strategy, Process Improvement, Decision Making, Strategic Planning, Quality Management, Ability to work in a multicultural setting, Ability to multitask.
- A minimum of 10 years post graduate experience in the field of management Industry.
- 3 years’ experience at senior management levels in the horticulture industry
Education and training courses:
- Must at least have a degree in Business Administration, Bachelor of Commerce or related disciplines. A Master’s degree is highly desirable.
- Must have Computer knowledge and experience in MS Office
Language and communication:
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills in English as well as understand and speak Kiswahili.
- Embrace honesty, integrity and transparency
- Results oriented.
- Must be capable of working without supervision.
- Must be capable of working and delivering under pressure.
Interested applicants should send their applications to the attention of the recruitment officer at the following email address Email: email@example.com