Jobs Recruitment at Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation
Jan 2016 Strategic Information Officer Career Recruitment Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation
Jobs Kenya One: Strategic Information Officer Employment 2016
Job Description: Today MGIC Work Kenya
Jobs vacancy: Strategic Information (SI) Officer
Career vacancy: University of Maryland
School of Medicine
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) is an affiliate of University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB).
UMB has a Global Health Program which is delivered through the Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) and housed by various institutes among them the Institute of Human Virology (IHV).
Since 2004, IHV has partnered with the governments of Kenya, Guyana, Haiti, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia to address each country’s growing HIV and AIDS epidemics.
The Institute has led efforts to build National Health Systems in each country via strategic international, national, and local collaborations through the design and implementation of unique education, training, and treatment programs addressing each country’s complex HIV/AIDS epidemics.
In Kenya, UMB through the Institute of Human Virology started operations in 2004 under the AIDS Relief Project consortium funded by Presidential Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through HRSA/CDC. This was the beginning of UMB’s work in Kenya which has seen implementation of 11 grants to-date.
MGIC seeks candidates for multiple positions for an anticipated $22,000, 000 health service delivery program that will support implementation and expansion of comprehensive HIV prevention, Care & Treatment programs; establish systems for quality assurance and improvement; and support strengthening of county and sub county systems for sustainable HIV service delivery.
“These positions are subject to project award and funding”
“All these positions will be based in the western region”
Career vacancy: Strategic Information (SI) Officer
Under the supervision of the SI Advisor, the SI Officer will provide technical assistance and capacity building to M&E and data management staff at Point of Service in support of SI activities.
S/he will provide support to the M&E and data management components at the Point of Service level.
Duties & Responsibilities: Strategic Information (SI) Officer vacancy
- Routine data management including data collection, collation, analysis and reporting;
- Provide IT Support and data analysis training to health facility staff;
- Conduct data quality control/assurance activities;
- Manage project databases and generate reports for donor reporting and project management; and
- Develop SQL queries and related activities;
- Support the health facilities to improve their medical records system and maintain data quality.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities including data validation and cleaning for the timely and accurate compilation and submission of reports to MOH and the donor.
- Ensure regular, accurate monitoring reports (monthly, quarterly, annually) from the points of service on all required donor, government and organizational indicators.
- Examine facility operations and systems and recommend ways to improve outputs and outcomes
- Provide specialized training to facility and other partner staff in Health Information Systems including IQ Care and other databases;
- Providing training and support in data collection and analysis to Points of Services (POS) including health facilities.
- Participating in data analysis and report compilation (monthly, quarterly, annually) on all required indicators
- Support and provide training for data analysis to the Points of Service
- Provide backup data entry services at various Points of Service where a backlog may exist
- Supervise and mentor data entry clerks and perform minimum data entry when needed.
- Conducting site visits to each point of service and provide technical assistance and guidance on all issues related to Strategic Information.
Qualifications: Strategic Information (SI) Officer vacancy
- Bachelor’s degree in HMIS, IT/Computer Science/IS, Public Health Informatics, Statistics or Mathematics
- SPSS certificate (optional)
- 1 – 3 years relevant experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced computer skills including advanced excel, MS access,
How to Apply: Strategic Information (SI) Officer vacancy
If you meet the above mentioned qualifications, you are requested to send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com by January 17, 2016.
Candidates are requested to indicate the title of the position being applied on the subject line of the email.
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
(Visited 4 times, 1 visits today)