KEBS Craftsman Job Kenya 2021
KEBS Craftsman Job Kenya 2021
Career Employment Kenya: KEBS Craftsman Job Kenya 2021
Job Description: Today vacancy in Kenya
Craftsman Job, Latest Engineering Vacancies in Kenya,
The job performs specialized expertise in production services in the Engineering field which support Metrology and Testing laboratories in performing their work by preparation of samples, machining and fabrication of calibration and testing, interpretation of engineering drawings and development, machining and engraving of specialised parts
for local and regional industries in order to increase efficiency, reduce operation downtime and increase in accuracy of calibration and testing in line with corporate mission and goals or maintain organizational assets to increase efficiency, reduce operation downtime for efficient service delivery.
Key Responsibilities / Duties / Tasks
- Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Interprets engineering drawings and sketches as may be required to meet the customer’s requirements.
- Participates in initiating the purchasing of process materials, spares and other resources required in Engineering workshop.
- Carries out installation and maintenance of routine mechanical parts
- Participates in implementation of quality management system based on ISO 9001 for customer satisfaction
- Ensures safe storage of mechanical engineering workshop machines, tools and equipment
- Maintains cleanliness of machines and working areas and ensures that restricted areas are not accessed by unauthorized person.
- Ensures personal protective equipment (PPEs) are used at all times.
- Updates inventory of machines, tools and equipment; stores them in an orderly manner and ensures their security
- Prepares samples for Metrology and Testing laboratories
- Machines parts for calibration and testing processes
- Engraves scales and dipsticks for the industry through interpretation of engineering drawings
- Carries out ordinary welding of routine mechanical parts
- Fabricates and carries out mechanical/Electrical repairs
- Financial Responsibility:
- Request for petty cash for purchase of working materials
- Requisition of workshop materials, tools and machines
- Responsibility for Physical/Information/HR/Intangible Assets
- Responsible for assigned physical assets (machinery, accessories, spare parts)
- Decision Making/Job Influence
- Makes routine decisions using standard operating procedures and work instructions
- Working Conditions
- Works predominantly in the laboratory with exposure to radiation, chemicals, vibration, high voltages,
- electromagnetic fields, fumes, noise, extreme temperatures, dust, moving mechanical parts, electrical shock
- among other hazards
Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).Job
- Technical Certificate in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or their equivalent from a recognized Institution.
- Previous relevant work experience required.
- At least 1 year of relevant experience in industrial practice
- Functional Skills, Behaviour Competencies/Attributes
- Fitting skills, Fabrication skills, Machining skills, Time management skills, Problem solving skills.
How To Apply
Application forms including testimonials shall be filled and submitted online via KEBS websit on or before 10 September 2021. All testimonials MUST be saved with applicant’s ID.N0. e.g.20441558_CV.pdf.
The Application should include attachments of;
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of Academic and Professional certificates
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Tax Compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission Clearance (EACC)
- Credit Reference Bureau clearance (CRB)
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
IMPORTANT NOTICE; Upon successful upload and submission of application,the applicant will receive a system generated email notification that the job application details have been successfully submitted.
Persons with disability and female candidates are encouraged to apply. Academic qualifications of external origin MUST be accompanied with a recognition certificate from relevant body.
All degree applicants for engineering related positions must be Registered as a Graduate Engineer where applicable.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Interested and qualified? Go to Kenya Bureau of Standards on www.kebs.org to apply