Career Employment Kenya: Kenya 2020
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Director Film Industry Support Services Jobs, Latest Director Jobs, Kenya Film Commission Jobs
The Kenya Film Commission (KFC) is a State Corporation mandated under Legal Notice No. 147 of 2015 to develop, promote and market the film Industry locally and internationally. KFC has an exciting career opportunity and now seeks to recruit dynamic, visionary and innovative persons to fill the following positions:
DIRECTOR, FILM INDUSTRY SUPPORT SERVICES ( JOB GRADE KFC 2)- JOB REF NO: KFC/HRA/DFISS/2020- 1 POST
Reporting to the CEO, the Director Film Industry Support Services will be responsible for formulation of film industry strategies, guidelines, standards and procedures; formulation of capacity development initiatives and local content development. The job holder will also be responsible for:
- Initiating, developing, implementing and reviewing film industry support services policies, strategies, guidelines, standards and procedures;
- Promoting and facilitating development of local content;
- Establishing incubating centres for the film industry in Kenya;
- Providing advice on support and professional development opportunities for established and emerging professionals in the film industry
- Overseeing certification of persons, associations and organizations participating in the production of film, photography, video, stills, animation, new media and related media;
- Providing liaison services for government departments, film producers, and film agencies and other stakeholders on matters relating to the promotion, marketing and development of the film industry;
- Establishing partnerships and networks with county, national and international organizations, both public and private, to improve and facilitate the growth of the film industry;
- Coordinating the development of strategies to attract potential customers/investors to Kenya’s locations and productions facilities;
- Overseeing formulation of capacity development projects and programmes for the film industry;
- Coordinating the development of award and recognition programmes and other incentives to promote talent in the film industry; and
- Overseeing the operations of Regional Film
- Have at least twelve (12) years relevant work experience, five (5) of which must be in a management position;
- Have masters degree in any of the following disciplines:-Marketing, Communication and Media Studies, Business Administration/ Management, Education, or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Have bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines:- Marketing, Communication and Media Studies, Business Administration/ Management, Education, or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Be a member of a relevant professional body;
- Met the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution;
- Be proficient in computer applications;
In addition to the qualifications set above, shortlisted candidates will be required to provide copies of clearance certificates/letters of good standing from the following;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
- Director of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
How to Apply
An attractive remunerative package, commensurate to qualifications, experience and responsibilities and in line with government guidelines will be offered to the successful applicant. The appointment for Director and Manager Positions will be on a Three (3) year contract renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
Please submit your application to a sealed recruitment box at the reception of the Kenya Film Commission, 2nd Floor, Jumuia Place, Lenana Road, Kilimani, Nairobi or send scanned copies to email@example.com so as to be received no later than 12th June 2020 at 5.00pm.
Applications must consist of application cover letter, detailed CV with three (3) referees contacts; Indicate your current position, current remuneration, expected remuneration, e-mail and day-time telephone contact, relevant Certificates and Testimonials; and copy of National ID/Passport to be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Film Commission,
Jumuia Place, Second Floor, Lenana Road, P. O. Box 76417,
KFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women, youth and persons with disability are encouraged to apply. Applications without the relevant qualifications, copies of required documents will not be considered.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.