Career Employment Kenya: Kenya 2020
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Laboratory Specialist Jobs, Laboratory Technologist Jobs, KEMSA Jobs
TERMS OF SERVICE: Contract
BASIC SALARY: As per scale
Reporting to: Quality Assurance Manager
- Participate in evaluation, review and submission of reports for tenders for laboratory Health Products and Technologies (HPT’s).
- Follow up on post-distribution surveillance for laboratory HPT’s in the field.
- Conduct quality checks on procured laboratory HPT’s.
- Support in the quantification and requirements for laboratory HPT’s.
- Liaise with County Health Teams for specifications of required Laboratory =is.
- Participate in various County forums on matters related to laboratory HPT’s.
- Receive, label and analyze laboratory samples (chemicals, equipment etc.)
- Design and execute laboratory testing according to standard procedures, make observations and interpret findings.
- Conduct experiments under defined conditions to verify/reject various types of hypotheses using refined scientific methods.
- Organize and store all chemicals substances, fluids and compressed gases according to safety instructions.
- Record all data and results in specified forms (paper and electronic) with accuracy and responsibility.
- Maintain equipment and assist in ordering laboratory supplies.
- Ensure that all safety guidelines are followed strictly at all times and maintain a clean and orderly environment.
- Undertaking risk management for the department.
- Any other duties as shall be assigned by management.
- A Degree in Biology, Chemistry or Bio-Chemistry.
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology.
- Must have at least five (5) years’ work experience in a laboratory setting.
- Must be proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ERP systems.
- Must be a registered member of the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and
- Technologists Board (KMLTTB) and in good standing
- Team player
- Ability to communicate effectively
How to apply
Candidates will be required to satisfy the following requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 (by attaching these documents to their applications):
- Police Clearance Certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
Those interested and who meet the above requirements are invited to apply for the job. The application, accompanied with a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials addressed as below should reach the Chief Executive Officer not later than 12th June 2020.
Chief Executive Officer,
Kenya Medical Supplies Authority,
13 Commercial Street Industrial Area, P.O. Box 47715-0010
NAIROBI – Attn: Director HR & Administration
KEMSA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER