Career Employment Kenya: Kenya 2020
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Radio Planning Manager Jobs, IT Jobs 2020, Telkom Kenya Jobs
Position: Radio Planning & Optimization Manager
Reporting to: Head Network Planning and Optimization
Department: Technology Division
Responsible for managing the RNPO team, being in charge of RNPO budget, planning and optimization activities of all TKL mobile technologies- 2G/3G& 4G and advising the management in all aspects of mobile technology and managing all RNPO projects and reporting to the HOD on any budget requirements to enable deliver on good customer experience
- Acting as the interface between technology and Marketing in deciding and optimization activities to improve customer experience.
- Monitoring and analyses of the 2G/3G/4G Radio Network Statistics on daily basis. Achieve & maintain the Radio Network Performance as per the contracted OSS KPIs (Accessibility, Availability, Retainability, Mobility & Service Integrity).
- Responding to all Customer complaints within stipulated SLA. Address Coverage and capacity complaints from customer by providing implementable solutions and ensuring closure as per SLA.
- Conducting consistency checks on radio parameters for 2G/3G/4G and daily execute corrections with the RNO guidelines.
- Analysing Drive test reports including benchmarking reports and implement optimisation recommendations suggested. Identify pockets of poor network quality RXQUAL, MOS and suggest resolutions for clearing interference and KPI degradations. Confirm cell performance by comparing Netnumen/U2000 alarms and configurations.
- Executing Network dimensioning tasks to address capacity and coverage requirements by optimally Optimising network interfaces and nodes to cater for 2G/3G/LTE voice and data traffic. This will include TRX additions, 3G upgrades, CE expansions, Power optimisation, BSC/RNC board capacity utilisations/dimensioning.
- Preparation of network/cells KPIs statistics for analysis of incident reports.
- Managing & reviewing the results of all defined radio Optimisation procedures, preparing the optimisation processes for the workflow, weekly reports, templates, tracking database and time schedule in order to achieve Telkom standard. Develop and adhere to radio planning guidelines on rollout and planning procedures.
- Handling of trials projects, Feature Testing, POC for new products/features & produce trial detailed reports & Business Case Analysis. Follow up on Special Projects assigned to RNPO with technical reports and results and practising Efficient Financial Management.
- Performing radio site surveys, site candidate evaluation / selection and link budget planning for both new radio site integration and/or radio site relocation.
- Carry out optimization techniques (antenna selection for optimal horizontal/vertical performance, mechanical/electrical tilting, appropriate transmit power setting, antenna clearance) for optimal site/cluster performance.
- Define and/or adapt processes and procedures for RF engineering tasks.
- BSC in Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Telecommunication, ICT or related course
- At least 5 years’ experience in RAN Network planning and Optimisation 2 of which should be directly with ZTE and/or Huawei.
- Minimum of 3 years managerial experience
- Advanced certifications in IT/Telecom related courses
- Must have worked with ZTE/Huawei RAN Equipment
- Proven experience in the use of U2000/PRS/NETNUMEN/ MAPINFO/ACTIX /NEMO, and Planet Planning tool
- Knowledge on RAN Features/Roadmaps/equipment lifecycles.
- Autonomy in a multicultural and multifunctional environment, ability to liaise with other entities and departments inside TKL and outside TKL.
- Proactive and dynamic.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Efficient and results oriented
- Language Skill : Proficiency in English
- Self-motivated person able to work under minimum supervision
- Excellent Organization and communication skills
- Leadership skills
How to Apply
Application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for internal applicants and to email@example.com for external applicants by providing an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) before 5th June 2020 including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telkom Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to tribe, religion, gender, age or disability.