Career Employment Kenya: Kenya 2020
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Livestock Manager Jobs, Latest Agricultural Jobs, Gapr Recruitment Jobs,
Job title: Livestock Manager/ Veterinarian,
Our client is located in Isinya dealing in dairy keeping, growth and export of fresh produce targeting both the domestic and export markets. They seek to hire an experienced Livestock Farm Manager who will be in charge of the production processes as well as general management.
- Developing and implementing optimal farm plans as well as financial planning, budget preparation and implementation.
- Ensuring that the right ensiling process is followed during silage preparation
- Inspecting cowsheds and milking store for cleanliness and maintenance and informing workers of actions required to ensure compliance with established standards i.e. clean milk production.
- Studying feeding and milk production records to determine feed formula required to maintain an optimum milk yield and notifying workers of any necessary diet changes.
- Scheduling breeding and vaccination programs.
- Establishing and managing different kind of animal feeds i.e. Lucerne, Napier grass, bomarhodes, oats and maize.
- Grouping livestock according to growth stages i.e. calves, bullying heifers, heifers, milking and dry herd for correct feeding regime.
- Examining livestock for evidence of illness, injuries and be the liaison officer with the consulting veterinary.
- Ensuring effective and efficient utilization of animal food to avoid wastage and spoilage
- Maintaining production equipment and ensuring they are in good working condition.
- Degree/Diploma in animal management/ Agriculture.
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience as a livestock manager.
- Committed to working in a remote environment
- Keen on learning, growing, and contributing to a small team of experienced people in a dynamic environment
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently while constantly informing management using reports, charts and memos.
How to apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Livestock Manager – Isinya) to email@example.com by or before Monday 1st June 2020.