March 2018 Culinary Instructor Trainee New Job in Kenya
Vacant Position: Culinary Instructor Trainee
Contract Period: 1 Year
Reporting To: Executive Culinary Instructor
Job Purpose: To assist in the Culinary Arts instruction at Frontlearn Institute, ensuring consistently high standards are adhered to in all aspects of the job.
This is a full time position, and which will include hands on training, offering an excellent opportunity for an aspiring chef to gain the knowledge, experience and qualifications required for a successful career in the culinary industry.
N.B. This Job Description is designed to give you an overall view of the job and is not a definitive list of tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
Please note that the duties outlined below are subject to periodic review.
- To adhere to rules and best practice of Hygiene, Health and Safety at all times to ensure full compliance with all relevant current legislation.
- Preparation and cooking of dishes for service to consistently high standards as instructed by the Executive Chef.
- Training of students as directed by Executive Chef.
- To maintain a clean and tidy workplace at all times in compliance with Institutional and current Food Safety Laws.
- To procure and check-in deliveries ensuring correct items and quantities delivered and receipts are recorded. Report any discrepancies or quality issue to Executive Chef.
- To communicate effectively with Executive Chef with regard to menu items, content of dishes, shortages, customer orders, special requests etc.
- To communicate effectively with customers maintaining a polite and helpful manner at all times.
- To undertake any other duties or training as required that are commensurate with the general level of responsibility for this post.
- A High school (KCSE) Certificate. A Culinary arts Certificate will be an added advantage.
- Good communications skills: Ability to speak clearly to students, other teachers, parents and administration officials.
- Ability to explain new ideas and unfamiliar concepts with authority and in a clear and concise way so that students can understand.
- A satisfactory level of spoken and written English.
- Satisfactory level of computer skills
- Able to manage a busy workload and consistently meet deadlines
- Able to work as a key member of a small team.
- Committed to the vision and mission of Frontlearn Institute.
How to Apply
Those interested in this challenging position should submit their applications, testimonials and detailed CV with names and contacts of 3 referees to email@example.com.
Kindly note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.