March 2018 Plant Operator Job Vacancy in Kenya
Job Vacancy: Plant Operator 1
Position Summary: This position is responsible for ensuring that the operation of the power plant is safely and efficiently carried out in accordance with plant safety procedures and standard operating procedures.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of the company
- Observe and follow plant environmental and operational rules, procedures and guidelines.
- Strictly adhere to and enforce safety procedures as required by company and OSHA
- Monitor the performance and condition of the plant and ensure that it meets its generation requirements while operating in a safe and efficient manner.
- Assist with the creation and monitoring of safe work permits.
- Participate in the planning and scheduling of plant activities.
- Perform routine and preventive maintenance tasks.
- Review routine operating data, troubleshoot abnormal indication and take corrective actions.
- Participate in the administrative maintenance of the plant operating manuals.
- Good communication skills, must cooperate with his team members, team player
- Maintain proficiency in plant operations and respond to plant recovery following upsets.
- Must be able to work 12 hour rotating shifts.
- Must be able to operate a vehicle in a safe manner, enter and exit vehicle without assistance, remain alert while driving for continuous period of time.
- Must be able to work overtime, weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Perform environmental and general housekeeping duties.
- Attend monthly safety meeting.
- Perform other duties as directed.
Education, Experience and Skills Required
- Minimum of a Diploma in any Engineering field.
- Minimum of an industrial attachment in an Engineering Company, power Generation Company will be an added advantage.
- Must have experience and demonstrated aptitude for operating mechanical and electrical equipment. Ability to read and follow written procedures.
- High level of confidentiality, initiative and the ability to work with minimal or no supervision.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to work in a problem-solving environment.
- Ability to respond calmly and think clearly in emergency situations and quickly access all areas of the plant.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with a team, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Expertise and proficiency with basic Microsoft office computer software.
- Must be able to climb ladders, work off of elevated platforms, ladders and walkways.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces and in harsh weather conditions.
- Protective equipment must be worn in the performance of some duties.
- Job requires approximately sitting 30% and up to standing 70%.
- Job requires approximately sitting 80% with the ability to stay alert.
How to Apply
Qualified Candidate to send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 18.3.2018
Only Qualified candidates will be contacted.