Médecins Sans Frontières Recruiter Job 2022
Médecins Sans Frontières Recruiter Job 2022
Career Employment Kenya: Médecins Sans Frontières Recruiter Job 2022
Job Description: Today Recruitment Kenya
Expected start date: ASAP
Deadline for application: 7th August 2022
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical humanitarian action-driven organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. 26 associations, 23 sections, and 16 branch offices make-up the international movement and work in partnership around 6 operational entities.
MSF Eastern Africa
MSF Eastern Africa is the regional institutional office for MSF in East Africa, based in Nairobi. The office focuses on representation and networking, including with humanitarian organisations and authorities, recruiting and supporting staff from the region, communications and fundraising, as well as on other dossiers of importance to MSF such as Diversity, Equality and Inclusion (DEI), mutualization, trainings, medical operational support and environmental health.
General Objective and Job Context
Recruitment & Talent attraction area is part of the MSF EA HR core pillars, that supports all staff from Eastern Africa recruited as either HQ (in MSF EA office) or International mobile staff to support MSF’s global workforce in different countries of operations. MSF EA has been mandated by the movement to carry out recruitment and support of these staff, this has been ongoing and is being progressively scaled up since 2017 (formerly by the Branch office).
The Regional recruiter position will be tasked with delivery of the end to end recruitment process for the MSF Eastern Africa portfolio based on the needs of Operational centers and other recruiting officers /partners. The position will manage end to end recruitment and selection processes for international mobile staff for the global pool and, support the MSF EA section office on various stages of the recruitment process for the Nairobi HQ staff.
The recruiter plays a key role in staying abreast with MSF´s global operational HR needs based on the trends, conducting candidate assessments, conducting interviews, advising on new recruitment approaches and making recruitment decisions. The recruiter will work closely with the Regional Talent acquisition Manager for Field recruitments and the HR Manager for HQ-Office recruitments.
The Regional recruiter reports to the Regional Talent acquisition manager EA and supervises 2 Field Recruitment Assistants and 1 Field HR intern. He /she will collaborate with the office HR manager for HQ recruitment, Talent attraction specialist Rwanda and Burundi for specific profiles and career manager for placements. He/she will link frequently with other MSF Operational Centre HQ recruitment referents for field needs.
Duties & Responsibilities
Field Recruitment (International Mobile staff);
- Use cutting edge approaches including technology, social media, networking and outreach activities to source and recruit high quality talent and ensure that needs of MSF EA partners are met timely.
- Perform initial screening. The recruiter will conduct initial screening sessions for pre-validated candidates as the first stage of the recruitment process.
- Work closely with Field Recruitment Assistants to screen incoming applications and send feedback to applicants within 6 weeks of application.
- Coordinate with recruiters of operational centers and other partner sections and build strong partnerships through fulfilling the targets, adhoc requests and supporting on-post recruitments. This includes potential support for local/region mission recruitment initiatives as/when needed.
- Maintain an overview of recruitment targets and adhoc requests from different operational centres and requesting offices
- Lead end to end recruitment and selection activities while offering high quality candidate experience from screening stage to transfer to the career manager´s pool. Activities will involve administration of tests, skills and competencies assessment, leading interview processes, references and background checks.
- Support the employer branding activities working closely with the Regional Talent acquisition manager, Talent attraction specialist and the MSF EA communications team.
- Participate in strategic Talent acquisition activities including research, outreach events and networking
- Manage and maintain accurate recruitment data and perform data analysis based on key recruitment metrics to inform recruitment investment decisions.
- Master the use of the applicant tracking systems used by the MSF EA office – Success Factors for Field recruitment and Odoo for HQ recruitment and be the ¨technical expert¨ for hiring managers and recruitment team members.
- Participate or lead specific recruitment projects in the region or support Operational Centre offices with on-post recruitment projects.
- Contribute to continuous improvement in the recruitment area (including practices, approaches and tools) and share knowledge while advising on best recruitment practices and trends.
- Work closely with Field Recruitment Assistants to maintain a database of ¨interesting¨ candidates for future recruitment and develop a strategy to keep them interested /engaged.
- Act as Back up for the Regional Talent Acquisition Manager as and when needed.
- Prepare and coordinate posting of NBO HQ job vacancies on various platforms both internal and external.
- Manage the recruitment and selection process through a full candidate lifecycle.
- Work with hiring managers to understand and define job requirements and thereafter develop relevant attraction /sourcing strategy as appropriate
- Review incoming applications, handle interviews and manage all candidate communications from start to finish.
- Prepare a long list of candidates that meet the criteria and share with the hiring manager on a rolling basis or at the end of application deadline as agreed with the hiring manager
- Be the recruitment subject matter expert for all hiring managers and provide them with guidance to ensure best interview practices and decisions.
- Administer tests, conduct reference and background checks, and ensure complete candidate documents and records.
- Prepare recruitment report for the HR Manager at the end of the recruitment process.
- Works closely with the Office HR Manager for periodic recruitment reporting
Education and Experience
- A degree in Human Resources Management, Psychology, Business Administration and Management or similar branches.
- 3-4 years’ experience in recruitment and selection ideally in an INGO
- Experience recruiting in an international context with INGOs is desirable.
- Field experience working with an INGO in an international context is a plus
- Experience in recruitment of medical and paramedical positions is a plus
- Experience using several applicant tracking systems and databases, job boards and digital media for recruitment.
- Good level of Excel and other MS Office tools.
- Excellent command of English language. Working knowledge of French and Arabic is an asset.
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to MSF’s Principles
- Cross-cultural Awareness
- Behavioral Flexibility
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Service Orientation
- Planning and Organizing
- Teamwork and Cooperation
We are looking for a passionate talent search and selection professional with exceptional skills in offering the best candidate experience and aptitude for presenting MSF as an employer of choice
- Based in Nairobi at the MSF Eastern Africa section office.
- Full-time employment
- Annual gross salary: KES 2,974,271, plus secondary benefits based on MSF EA Reward Policy.
- Expected start date: ASAP
How to apply
If you recognize yourself in this profile and meet the requirements, we welcome you to apply directly via the Apply button on his page and upload a letter of motivation + Curriculum Vitae (in English) as one combined document (only applications with motivation will be included in the process). The closing date for applications is August 7th 2022.
Please note that only candidates that fully meet the requirements of the position will be taken into consideration.