Nawiri Pro Senior Associate Customer Engagement Job Kenya 2021
Nawiri Pro Senior Associate Customer Engagement Job Kenya 2021
Career Employment Kenya: Nawiri Pro Senior Associate Customer Engagement Job Kenya 2021
Job Description: Today vacancy in Kenya
Senior Associate Customer Engagement Job, Current Customer Service Jobs Kenya,
Senior Associate Customer Engagement.
NawiriPro, a Kenyan-led social enterprise launched in 2019 by Educate! and recently recognized by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for progress towards decent work and economic growth, is seeking a Senior Associate, Customer Engagement to execute duties towards attaining a product-market ﬁt by 2022. NawiriPro is forging new and innovative pathways to sustainably impact Out of School Youth (OoSY) livelihoods at scale. We empower and train youth on running successful informal sector businesses, starting with the motorbike courier industry, by teaching them how to increase their income and improve their livelihood. NawiriPro wants to solve the unemployment rate for millions of Out of School Youth in Africa by teaching them successful and dynamic informal sector business models.
NawiriPro is looking for someone who is customer-obsessed, action-biased, delivers results, ruthless prioritizer, highly-motivated individual, proactive and willing to improve on processes. He/She must have ﬁrst-hand experience building ﬁrst-class user experience for the mass market user in Africa.
The Senior Associate, Customer Engagement will be reporting to the Customer Engagement Manager of NawiriPro. This role is crucial to the organization hitting its milestone of income boost of 36% for our bootcamp products. As a result, heshe will be the connection between our customers, partners and our product. Providing a high-quality customer experience is an essential component of our customer engagement strategy.
You could be the perfect ﬁt for this role if you:
- Are an excellent communicator, pride yourself on your organizational & project management skills and love to manage and grow a
- Are hungry to learn about and improve on customer experience for a platform
- Are obsessed with the building processes, tools and are data-driven in building customer solutions.
- Have a high EQ (Emotional Intelligence) and create strong relationships within the teammand a keen sense of how to navigate both internal and external hurdles to ship a great customer experience for all stakeholders.
- Thrive in a scrappy environment and are comfortable with ambiguity and frequent changes to direction as the company works towards product-market ﬁt and learns to operate at
About Educate! & NawiriPro
Educate! prepares youth in Africa with the skills to succeed in today’s economy. Our goal is to design skills-based education and employment solutions which impact youth life outcomes sustainably and at scale. In 2019, we partnered with the governments of Uganda, Rwanda, and Kenya and measurably impacted over 46,000 youth in and out of schools while reaching 470,000 learners more broadly, making us the biggest youth skills providers in East Africa. In 2020, we rapidly adapted to a changing world by creating distance learning solutions to serve youth during the pandemic.
Educate! is a non-proﬁt social enterprise with over 150 staﬀ and 300 volunteer youth mentors. We have been backed by top foundations such as MasterCard, Big Bang Philanthropy, Echoing Green, Ashoka and Global Innovation Fund. Educate! won a 2018 Klaus J. Jacobs Prize (and was featured in a video), a 2015 WISE Award, and was highlighted by Bill Gates, in the World Bank’s S4YE’s Impact Portfolio, an Al Jazeera documentary, Forbes 30 under 30, and The Brookings Institution as one of 14 case studies in their global scaling education learning initiative. Educate! was also selected by the UN’s Generation Unlimited as 1 of 20 innovative youth solutions and by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation as a Goalkeepers Accelerator.
In March 2019, Educate! launched a new social enterprise unit within our organization called “NawiriPro”, based in Kenya. NawiriPro is building a new product that will oﬀer faster and more aﬀordable educational pathways for out-of-school youth, enabling them to thrive in the informal economy. NawiriPro is building a user-paying bootcamp model, which targets youth and parents as payers for the bootcamp to create a fully sustainable and customer-centred social impact product.
To date, we have more than 3,000 motorcycle riders using the NawiriPro e-learning platform. Our long-term vision is to serve more than 100,000 youth annually with a break-even business model.
Lead and Execute Income Boost Strategy
- Oversee development, enhancement and management of business advisory team and
- Create the training materials and tools for the Business Advisory team to utilize to ensure our customers can hit their income boost
- Lead the development, implementation, and evaluation of strategic, tactical and operationalize Nawiripro’s income boost strategy and align with business and product
- Plan and provide leadership to implement integrated income boost strategy and communication initiatives to improve and enhance the perceptions and experiences of the business advisory
- Build and oversee the improvement of the experiences customers have with third-party, e.g. marketplace apps partners, to increase customer satisfaction.
- Ensure documentation and routine sharing of knowledge and experiences across teams and
- Lead business advisory team by ensuring users successfully go through the user funnel by completing the modules, Bonga na Shadi milestones and ﬁnd value in Learning Point’s unique value
Leadership Business Advisory Team
- Day to day management of the business advisory team to ensure they are hitting their goals and are motivated to carry out their daily
- Recruit, interview, train and manage new customer care agent and business advisor by setting clear
- Create and approve business advisory team KPIs and work plans ensuring they work at optimum capacity to meet set KPIs
- Drive the ongoing development of a customer-centric culture across the organisation, supported by process frameworks and responsive customer service systems to embed best practice customer-centric
- Promote the application of global UX standards and strategy-aligned decision-making within
- Share customer data on product engagement with global leadership for annual and strategic planning
- Continuously research the requirements needed by marketplace apps and other key partners and prepare our graduates to acquire them
- Lead a seamless process of registering customers to their businesses and provide instant support to customers when they need
- Document key learnings throughout the user/customer journey to inform product strategy
- Empower and grow strong customer engagement teams to adopt and apply global customer engagement, UX standards &
Monitor and Analyze User Funnel Metrics
- Implement best practices, tools and processes to understand what user metrics will inform that we are developing a value-based
- Lead and manage the customer “Income boost cycle” strategy to ensure customers meet their business
- Bring evidence-based decision-making to your communication on customer satisfaction measures, customer experience strategies, initiatives and emerging issues to enable customer-centric strategic decision
- Plan and provide leadership to the implementation of integrated customer engagement and communication initiatives to improve and enhance the perceptions and experiences of the
Execution of Marketing Strategy
- Managing the customer care team by creating and managing strategies
- Create monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the Customer Engagement Manager to make eﬃcient
- Enhance the customers user experience by leveraging oﬀ of data driven insights to execute on marketing
- Market existing and new products to our customer base in order to increase and retain our
- Monitor NawiriPro’s social media presence in order to ensure content is up to date and relevant to our
- Over 4 years experience in customer engagement, support strategies and managed a team of more than ﬁve.
- Understanding and application of customer experience strategy and building systems around customer
- Proven record of project management skills where you create processes, tools and performance KPIs to evaluate the team and product
- Collaborative, data-oriented approach to problem-solving
- Demonstrated ability to work in a self-directed manner, seeking out areas that need attention rather than being asked to look at speciﬁc problem
- Consistently asks for help and seeks advice from colleagues to let the best idea or process
- Engaging and interactive communicator with a passion for coaching others
- Passion for NawiriPro’s mission is a must, but past work in education or youth development is not We value diverse perspectives and encourage applications from people with a variety of backgrounds. Background working with youth in the informal sector or digital product would be an asset.
- You ﬁt our Five Cultural Tenets (see What is NawiriPro About? below)
- The location is Nairobi, Kenya
People inspire us with drive, and we love to help them reach their full potential. We expect everyone at NawiriPro to contribute above and beyond their job description, grow their skills, and advance their careers. We are committed to supporting our staﬀ members on that journey.
- We Are Youth First – We believe in the youth’s power and design a model that depends on To create eﬀective solutions, we have to see and understand the challenges and opportunities that real people encounter in their lives. Continuously improve through build-measure-learn loops, build based on evidence-based solution and research. It also means we use the Human-centred approach to design our solutions.
- We Are Committed – The team is self-directed, and all members are dedicated to completing work that has been agreed The number one driver of an innovation culture is team cohesion. We need to feel a sense of togetherness, working towards a larger goal. In NawiriPro, we believe that sharing generously and being open are essential traits in driving cohesion and innovation.
- We Are Courageous – When you work at NawiriPro, you will realise that our risk appetite is an indicator of how innovative we can be. We understand that risk is an inherent part of the innovation process. As we test out new ideas, some will fail. We, therefore, embrace failure and create a safe to fail
- We Respect each other – The team is composed of members who have diﬀerent strengths, and each individual’s strengths are respected. There is no ﬁnger-pointing when discussing how to ﬁx what is not working. The team operates as a single entity and succeeds or fails
- We Practice learning – Through daily stand up meetings, the team is given time to gather and share what has been successful and what needs to be improved. It takes training and learning every step to recognize and support disruptive
Every person at NawiriPro — from interns to the Managing Director — is evaluated by how they live up to these ﬁve cultural tenets. They are at the core of how we achieve our mission and why we work as well as we do
NawiriPro is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In creating this environment, we encourage people from various cultures, backgrounds and life experiences to join our diverse team.
How To Apply