Nova Pioneer Technology Coordinator Job Athi River Kenya 2021
Nova Pioneer Technology Coordinator Job Athi River Kenya 2021
Career Employment Kenya: Nova Pioneer Technology Coordinator Job Athi River Kenya 2021
Job Description: Today vacancy in Kenya
Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar Technology Coordinator (Tech Coordinator) for our Athi River Primary Campus. The Tech Coordinator is a school-based role and as such will provide dynamic, consistent and motivational servant leadership, ensuring the successful delivery of the vision, ethos and priorities for the subject with a clear focus on outstanding progress for all students and support for the team.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
ABOUT NOVA PIONEER
Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content. At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life. Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school. Nova Pioneer uses a unique, enquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation and collaboration. Nova Pioneer currently has 13 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade. To learn more visit http://www.novapioneer.com.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Key responsibilities for the role include:
Tech Asset Management and Team Professional Development
- Managing the check in and out process of all students and staff laptops and maintain an accurate inventory record of the school equipment
- Managing and tracking the IT/Tech assets while ensuring safe storage.
- Keeping an up to date inventory of the IT/Tech assets.
- Conducting teacher PD on tech assets termly.
- Ensure all teachers sign the asset management document and ensure safe storage of the paperwork.
- Collect classroom tech assets from class teachers at the end of every term.
- Attending teacher PD on a regular basis.
- Creating and running professional development experiences for teammates on tech.
- Run tech capacity building training sessions for different functions at the school (academic and non-academic) at least termly to enhance their job productivity.
Tech Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Ensuring the functionality of student and staff laptops by carrying out regular preventative maintenance, basic repairs and software configuration such as Microsoft Office, OS updates, etc. If the nature of a repair is outside of the tech coordinator’s ability to repair, the tech coordinator will be responsible for liaising with an outside repair service to ensure the device is repaired.
- Performing weekly maintenance and set up checks of all centrally used tech resources in the school such as, but not limited to, laptops, extension cables, projectors, computer labs (if applicable), tablets in the RAZ Room (if applicable) and Library (if applicable) to ensure they are in perfect working condition.
- Receiving technicians from contract service providers as needed to carry out maintenance or repair tasks.
- Ensuring all classrooms are set up with functional classroom projectors, speakers and HDMI cables.
- Troubleshooting the classroom projectors, speakers, HDMI failures. Ensuring any such issues are resolved proactively and to constantly keep the affected stakeholders updated on the issues and progress made in resolving them.
- Troubleshooting all internet issues. Ensuring any such issues are resolved proactively and to constantly keep the affected stakeholders updated on the issues and progress made in resolving them.
- Troubleshooting all printer issues. Ensuring any such issues are resolved proactively and to constantly keep the affected stakeholders updated on the issues and progress made in resolving them.
- Troubleshooting all schools support tickets. Ensuring any such issues are resolved proactively and to constantly keep the affected stakeholders updated on the issues and progress made in resolving them.
Supporting Academics and Learning Programs
- Supporting teachers in running heavy computer/technology aided lessons.
- Running one computer based club or coordinating and liaising with vendors of tech-related clubs (Little Einsteins, Coding & innovation clubs)
- Conduct innovative sessions, potential sessions HTML/CSS and game development.
- Ensuring proper setup or software and hardware and helping facilitate all schools online testing platforms. Ex: NWEA, MAP
- Ensure proper set up of school programs and support teachers in managing learning programs: Example:mRAZ Kids, Exploration Tech, Mathletics, etc.
- Working with the Dean Development Lead to lead the schools generation of all learners’ report card pdfs test versions and sharing with concerned teachers to enable them resolve any gaps before they are published to families at the end of each term.
- Support academic teams with Tech needs for school events – parent, student and teacher events (Microphone, PA system, etc.)
Skills and Qualifications required:
- You have a diploma/degree in an IT related field
- You have a minimum of 2 years technical experience, experience in IT support is an added advantage.
- Experience working in a school will be an added advantage and highly desirable
- You have a passion for a career in technology
- You have proficient knowledge in computer networks and can troubleshoot network related issues
- You are able to demonstrate competence and comfort with PC/Linux/Mac based computer systems
HOW TO APPLY
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you? If so, then apply now!
To apply, please complete the form on the right-hand side of this page. We cannot process applications that are emailed to us.
Please note: You are encouraged to attach your resume in PDF format to protect formatting.