NRC ALP Teacher NGO Jobs Recruitment Kenya 2017
ALP Teacher Job at Norwegian Refugee Council
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
NRC’s Horn of Africa operation comprises of large-scale multi-country humanitarian and early recovery interventions spread across nine countries (Kenya, Somalia, Ethiopia, Djibouti, South Sudan and Yemen), and most recently Eritrea, Uganda and Tanzania.
NRC’s overall strategy in the region is to ensure a greater number of vulnerable people in hard to reach areas get access to humanitarian assistance, become resilient to future disasters and find durable solution. The regional office is based in Nairobi and works with country programmes to ensure standardization of programmatic and operational approaches, promote multi country programming and ensuring quality and coordination.
Reporting to the Administration Officer the Administration Assistant will be responsible for NRC’s reception area and for giving administrative support at the Nairobi office. This is a temporary post for a period of six months.
Roles for the ALP Teacher Job
- Deliver lessons and organize learning activity sessions in the subject of specialization.
- Together with the senior ALP teachers, prepare the learning scheme of work and required lesson plans
- Keep records of student’ attendance, progress and assessment.
- Prepare and administer continuous assessment tests and internal examinations to assess learners’ progress and knowledge assimilation
- Together the senior ALP teachers submit evaluations, attendance sheets and monthly reports to the Center leader.
- Ensure availability of all the necessary teaching aids and materials in liaison with the senior ALP teachers
- Remain up to date on pedagogical methods and ensure a child-friendly environment where each child’s need are identified and addressed.
- Monitor and support each learner and inform students of their progress.
- Maintain good communications with parents concerning the progress of their children.
- Any other duties that may be given by supervisor.
ALP Teacher Job Qualifications
- Have five years of teaching experience in Primary School
- Hold P1 Certificate/Education or recognized two-year Diploma in two of the following subjects: English, Kiswahili, Somali, Science, Mathematics, Social Studies or Islamic or Christian Religious Education. (Note the selected candidates will over all teaching subjects apart from language and religious studies).
- High level of personal integrity, cultural awareness & sensitivity.
- High standard of English methodology including oral skills and teaching English to speakers of other languages.
How to Apply
Apply here for the ALP Teacher Job