NZOWASCO Legal Officer Job Kenya 2021
NZOWASCO Legal Officer Job Kenya 2021
Career Employment Kenya: NZOWASCO Legal Officer Job Kenya 2021
Job Description: Today vacancy in Kenya
Legal Officer Job, Legal Jobs in Kenya September 2021,
NZOWASCO/MD/9/2021/4: (re-advertisement)- 1 post
Salary Scale 9 – 10
Reporting to the Managing Director Job Purpose (Role)
Under the general direction of the Managing Director, the job holder will provide legal support and represent the company in certain Civil litigation and perform certain corporate duties, in particular.
- Initiate and pursue legal proceedings as required by the company like; prepare write- ups, defenses, submissions and other pleadings in civil cases both “for and against the
- Prepare, file and plea cases on behalf of the
- Advise on civil matters that should be directed to external counsel
- Liaise with and assist external counsel in discharge of their obligation
- Advise management on statutory compliances
- Research and prepare legal opinions on various civil matters including claims for compensation against the company
- Draft and / or review legal letters, contracts and agreements and monitor legal obligations under agreements to ensure compliance as
- Submit quarterly work report to management and the Board of
- Submit quarterly reports on targets achieved together with an appraisal report to the Chief Executive
- Cause to be maintained, a database of the status of the court matters involving the
- Represent the company at Arbitration and court
Competencies and Critical Success Factors
1. Working with Others:
- Team working: Leads aspects of team work, seeking and implementing improvements to the team’s outputs/service and developing colleagues within the Challenges colleagues.
- Customer Focus: Provides a quality service that is regularly Anticipates customer needs. Actively seeks feedback on services from customers and makes appropriate changes to service and to underpinning policy/strategy.
- Communicating and influencing: Communicates effectively with a wide range of diverse internal and external stakeholder, influencing and negotiating Networks internally to keep a head of developments.
2. Delivering Results
- Making informed decisions: Uses a wide range of complex to make controlled risks to achieve to achieve greater Uses trends and data to establish control and performance indicators.
- Organization Delivery: Takes account of organizational priorities to ensure that operational and strategic plans are being implemented and
- Adaptability: Embraces and manages Seeks opportunities for change, supporting colleagues in implementing new ways of working, effectively and supportively communicating the rationale for change.
3. Focusing on the Future
- Entrepreneurship and Commercial Focus: sports and progresses business opportunities for collaborative working externally and Challenges assumptions and the status quo to enhance competitive advantage. Tracks organizational gaps and ensure they are filled
- Creativity and Innovation: Reviews, researches and and implements new concepts models and approaches to practice in support of service development and
- Leading and Coaching: Ensures visible and public champions initiatives to provide direction. Takes responsibility for an areas of work and its outputs. Makes time to get to know people and motivate them. Regularly review the performance of self and
Communication /Contacts Internal Contacts
- Technical Officers
- Other staff
- Relevant Government authorities and agencies
Academic/ professional Qualifications and Minimum Experience.
- University Degree in Law(LLB)
- Diploma in law
- An Advocate of the High
- At least three years’ experience in corporate
- CS (K) is an added advantage
- Member of a professional body and in good standing
How To Apply
Interested candidates are required to submit their CV, application letter, copies of academic and professional certificates, and chapter six documents in hard copy, indicating the reference number on the envelope on or before 29th September 2021 by 5.00 pm. to;
Nzoia Water Services Company Ltd P.O. Box 1010- 50205