Office Assistant Job in Kenya 2020
Office Assistant Job in Kenya 2020
Career Employment Kenya: Office Assistant Job in Kenya 2020
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
The Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI), in collaboration
with the Washington University in St. Louis (Wash U) is currently conducting
research projects that include the ADAPT-I (Adaptive Strategy for Preventing
and Treating Lapses of Retention in Adult HIV Care (ADAPT-R) Study and
ADAPT-R-II. The ADAPT studies utilise the novel sequential multiple assignment
randomized trial (SMART) approach to assess the effectiveness and cost
efficiency of a family of sequential strategies to prevent initial lapses in
HIV retention and to treat those that occur.
Duration: 1 Year Renewable Contract as per KEMRI Scheme of Service. The first 3
months is a probation period
achievement of great results.
- Collection and delivery of mail
and other materials as required from and to the post office, courier and
other institutions like Kenya Power, KIWASCO.
- Ensure the office surfaces,
furniture, walls, doors, windows, curtains, kitchen, utensils, corridors,
toilets and training venues are kept clean at all times
- Cleaning office toilets and
ensuring availability of toilet the rolls, soaps, washing liquid and hand
towels when required.
- Opening and closing of the
office premises on time, and ensuring that all the office doors are
securely locked when not in use closed.
- Remain flexible and work
additional hours when required
- Provide efficient organization
and cleaning services
- Paying attention and ensuring
hygienic standards of sanitary facilities at all times.
- Maintaining the office garden,
cutting grass short and trimming flowers.
- Maintaining cleanliness of the
entrance and office environment.
- Report on the stock status of
the toilet rolls, and detergents.
- Maintaining the organization of
paper, documents and clean desks and offices
- Photocopy and duplicating
- Ensuring that tea, water and
refreshment are served and provided to the study staff as requested.
- Supporting office hospitality
during trainings and meetings.
- Perform work related errands as
- Minimum O-Level; with short
training in any course,
- Computer training as an added
- At least one year of work
experience preferably with a busy office environment.
- Understanding of the study site
operations, procedures and requirements
- Efficiency in the delivery of
all the listed services’
- Focuses on results for the site
and responds positively to feed back.
- Flexible and highly organized.
- Consistently approaches work
with energy and a constructive positive attitude
- He/ She demonstrates client
oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy and ability to
work with people from diverse backgrounds.
Position & Vacancy Number as the subject of your Email) .
- Letter of Application
(Indicate Vacancy Number) and date available to start working for the
- Current Resume or Curriculum
Vitae with Telephone number and e-mail address
- Two letters of reference with
contact telephone numbers
- Copies of Academic Certificates
- A copy of the latest pay
slip (if applicable)
- A copy of National Identity
card or passport
for Money or any form of reward for a Job applicant to be considered for employment.
Any such requests should be immediately reported to the HR department.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE
ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.