One Acre Fund Analytics Coordinator Job in Kakamega, Kenya 2020
One Acre Fund – Kenya
Job Title: Kenya Analytics Coordinator
Job Location: Kakamega, Kenya
About One Acre Fund: Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 7,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions.
With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests.
On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
Data Capture and Analysis
- Work with different partners to build data user stories that determine and address data, analysis and reporting needs for different department projects.
- Translate the different data user stories into statistical data models (such as regression and predictive models) that respond to partners’ data analysis and reporting needs.
- Draw meaningful insights from data by using effective methods to track patterns, classify and/or associate different data sets.
- Extract, Aggregate, Transform (using a statistical computing programming language such as R/Python) and Load alternative data sets onto dashboards in and other visualization tools
Data Visualization and Reporting
- Prepare reports and share important takeaways and recommendations with the important partners, this would include creating data dashboards, graphs, and infographics for presenting findings for ongoing reports
- Proactively work with departments to ensure that the reports provided are tailored to their priorities and support their requirements.
- Use data visualizations tools (such as PowerBI) to build data flows and share meaningful insights with the different departments – An ideal candidate should be able to integrate excel, R and different custom data connectors to the visualization tools
- Aggregate different data sets and infographics into a weekly email newsletter and communicate it to the relevant departments
Career Growth and Development: We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance.
We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals.
You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Actuarial Science or any other related fields
- At least one year experience in a data science/analytics/analysis role or equivalent position
- Fluency with R mandatory. Familiarity with Python and other data transformation programming languages preferred.
- Fluency with using SQL/ NoSQL to pull and edit data from databases and/or data warehouse
- Experienced in statistical data modeling
- Fluency with data visualization tools (PowerBI is highly preferred) is an added advantage.
Preferred Start Date: Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
Job Location: Kakamega, Kenya
Benefits: Health insurance, paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates: No; Must have existing rights to work in Kenya.
Application link: https://grnh.se/e47a89e81us
Closing date: November 26th, 2020
Application Deadline: We hire on a rolling basis which means that applications are reviewed and processed on a continuous basis until a hire is made.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.