Outlook Project Head Job (200K-250K) Kisii Kenya 2021
Outlook Project Head Job (200K-250K) Kisii Kenya 2021
Career Employment Kenya: Outlook Project Head Job (200K-250K) Kisii Kenya 2021
Job Description: Today vacancy in Kenya
Project Head Job, Current Administration Jobs in Kenya 2021,
Our Client aims to address unsustainable urbanization and the proliferation of informal settlements by improving livelihoods and access to services for rural Africans. In conjunction with a collection of local partners, they plan to leverage three central resources: (1) off-grid power generation, (2) information, communication and digital technologies and (3) clean mobility, to create a platform to support an array of interventions to further sustainable development and gender parity in rural Africa.
The pilot project will focus on agricultural communities in Kisii and Nyamira Counties, both located in rural Western Kenya. Our Client will coordinate a collection of local partners with complementary capabilities to demonstrate the opportunity and feasibility of a digital Smart Village Platform for orchestrating the provisioning of mobility, agriculture and energy.
Our Client intends to immediately hire a Head of Mobility to lead the Mobility department, supporting in developing our approach and to deliver and implement it to the project. The candidate will combine technical skills, creativity, logistical and business acumen to deliver operational excellence and provide subject matter expertise and advice besides mentoring the staff within our various mobility interventions on the ground.
Job duty station:
Gross Salary Range:
1 Year with potential to renew.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide advice on access to finance for smallholder farmers and rural enterprises, with regard in particular to the scaling of our interventions, including impact investment, micro credit and bank finance.
- Develop, iterate and deliver training materials required for market access, value chain interventions, mobility interventions, healthy interventions, gender mainstreaming, rural entrepreneurship and other collaborations in support of project team’s deployment.
- Support innovative business models for deployment of light electric vehicles in rural Africa.
- Develop and maintain various management, reporting and logistics and CRM systems.
- Oversee activities and the physical maintenance of the project’s Kisii-based facilities.
- Maintain oversight overall resources and equipment.
- Oversee vehicle management.
- Monitor vehicle utilization, maintenance, and expenses and generate monthly report.
- Assure all necessary licenses and permits are kept current.
- Coordinate with the insurance company in case of accidents for claims processing.
- Maintain responsibility for keeping the workspace safe and stocked with first aid and emergency supplies.
- Share relevant security information with staff and management for action.
- Oversee security systems for the office and staff.
- Oversee duties and activities of project team based in Western Kenya.
- Support the creation of training material for all positions overseen.
- Enable the incubation of micro-enterprises related to e-mobility and rural livelihoods.
- Deliver market and value chain-related outputs such as market assessments, and business cases.
Internal and External Networking And Support:
- Support the project consortium in developing relationships with private and public sector actors for partnerships both in the country and in our counties of operation.
- Liaise with the National, County government officials, CBOs, collaborators and other stakeholders as appropriate.
- Support knowledge transfer and dissemination in collaboration with local and international stakeholders.
Project Management, Reporting, and Coordination:
- Manage and support planning related to all locally incurred expenses, operational budgets and procurements in accordance with policies.
- Ensure effective utilization project management platforms.
- Coordinate with consortium partners regarding utilization of project assets.
- Carryout contract management with consortium partners and other stakeholders.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive M&E Plan, Project Implementation Plan and Operational Plan together with the team and implementing partners and develop management project progress update reports.
- Supervise staff, while ensuring that they fully understand their responsibilities, work as a team and deliver on their tasks in a timely manner.
- Ensure staff have detailed implementation plans and these are reviewed and updated regularly with feedback provided on areas requiring improvements.
- Guide, supervise, coach, manage, mentor, provide leadership and support to the project staff on a day to day basis to meet program tasks and responsibilities, to deliver within contractual obligations.
- Support hiring of competent staff and orient them in a timely manner to implement in line with contractual obligations and relevant policies and procedures.
- Facilitate individual team member success through communication, delegation, feedback and performance assessment.
- Provide support for staff development.
Finance and Budget Monitoring:
- Involved in preparation of budgets.
- Review of recurrent administrative expenses.
- Review supplier contracts.
- Maintain administration files and records, ensuring the confidentiality of documents.
- Oversee offsite records archiving and retrieval processes.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related qualification, minimum 5 years’ experience in Admin Management.
- Professional experience in rural African development or social entrepreneurship. Additional experience in basic accounting or logistics is an added advantage.
- Experience managing and supervising a team.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of reliability, accuracy and productivity
- Strong oral and written communication skills, fluency in English is required.
- Ability to maintain harmonious working relationships and effectively address complex and sensitive administrative issues.
- Proficiency using MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access).
Applicants should send their cover letters and CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email reference as PROJECT HEAD.
Deadline: 4th October 2021