Perioperative (Theatre) Manager Job at ST. Bridget Hospital 2022
Theatre nurse manager is responsible and accountable for the delivery of safe, effective, direct and indirect, patient-family centered care through the continuum of perioperative care to include outpatient/day surgery unit; preoperative unit; operating room; post-anesthesia care unit; sterile processing department and anesthesia services.
- Provides leadership and direction for the staff in the surgical services arena while supporting and delivering the goals of the department.
- Ensure efficient scheduling and reduction in turn around time.
- Supervises and coordinates the daily planning and implementation of the surgery schedule, activities of personnel in the operating room.
- Ensure adherence to procedure and schedule.
- Oversees Pre and Post-operative patients.
- Addresses all issues regarding patient care to ensure all patients / relatives and doctors are satisfied.
- Acts as a patient advocate and maintains privacy and confidentiality of all appropriate information.
- Oversee the overall running of the department or section in
- Equipment/inventory responsibility management, ordering, storage and usage.
- Ensure infection control and prevention measures are adhered to and prevention of surgical site infections.
- Ensures the effective delivery of competent, compassionate, and efficient care by monitoring and evaluating patient care processes.
- Operationalizes and participates in continuous quality improvement and risk management programs at the department level in a collaborative manner with multi-disciplinary colleagues.
- Involved in training, mentorship and empowering of other staff
- Monitors fiscal budget to control operational and capital expenditures while monitoring and adjusting staffing patterns to improve unit productivity.
- Ensures adherence to professional standards for nursing care.
- Assisting in endoscopic procedures.
Method of Application