Principal Nursing Officer Job. MTRH Kenya 2019
Principal Nursing Officer Job. MTRH Kenya 2019
Career Employment Kenya: Principal Nursing Officer Job. MTRH Kenya 2019
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Principal Nursing Officer Jobs, Nursing Jobs, Medical Jobs, Jobs in Eldoret, Moi Teaching & Referral Hospital Jobs
Job Grade MTRH 6
Implement the Nursing Act, Cap 257 of 2005 amended 2001. Formulate, implement, review and interpret of health and nursing policies, standards, guidelines and programs. Manage and coordinate nursing services at the Hospital. Provide holistic, preventive, curative, rehabilitative and palliative health care services using the nursing process to meet health needs of clients/patients at the Hospital.
Provide nursing care and technical advice in areas of specialization including: Nephrology, Critical Care, Anesthesiology, Pre-operative, Emergency Care, Trauma and Emergency; Pediatrics and Neonatology Care, Community Health, Home-Based Care, Family Health, Occupational Health and Safety, Community Midwifery, Mental Health, Midwifery and/or Reproductive Health and Women’s Health, HIV/AIDS & TB, Infection Prevention, Oncology and Control/Epidemiology, Psychosocial, ENT and Ophthalmology. Collaborate with other members of the health care team in providing health care interventions.
Carry out research in nursing health care. Develop nursing training syllabus and curriculum for continuing professional development in liaison with training providers.
Principal Nursing Officer responsibilities include:
- Providing holistic care by carrying out risk identification and assessment of an individual,
- Performing a comprehensive physical examination within various settings;
- Assessing, formulating, planning and implementing evidence-based nursing care for client/patient;
- Ensuring a safe nursing care environment for client/patient,
- Conducting patient audits to improve client/patient care;
- Collaborating and maintaining effective working relationships among interdisciplinary teams to support client/patient and their families;
- Conducting nursing teaching and assessment of nursing staff and students; and
- Coordinating quality assurance activities for improvement of nursing care outcomes
- Managing nursing supplies agid other resources;
- Conducting studies and surveys in various health care areas and disseminating findings to improve care;
- Coordinating occupational health and safety activities and preparing periodic reports;
- Ensuring effective utilization and safety of assigned medical supplies and equipment;
- Developing standard operating procedures for the unit in collaboration with other stakeholders;
- Conducting training needs assessment and developing training/induction programs;
- Evaluating in-house training programs, producing periodical reports and implementing nursing programs;
- Mobilizing resources for implementation of nursing activities and projects;
- Conducting ward rounds and reviewing patients’ conditions; and
- Coaching and mentoring nursing staff.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Served in the grade of Senior Nursing Officer for a minimum period of three (3) years or in a comparable position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in either Nursing or Midwifery or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Registration Certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Valid practicing license from the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Supervisory Skills Course or equivalent lasting not less than two (2) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
- Effective communication skills.
- Policy and strategic implementation.
- Risk Management.
- Technical competence.
- Decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Empowering/ delegating.
- High standards of professional ethics.
- Managerial, administrative and supervisory skills.
- Coping with pressure and setbacks.
- Project planning and management.
In addition, all applicants MUST attach the following valid documents;
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Compliance Certificate
- Higher Education Loan Board (HELB) Certificate
- National Police Service (NPS) Clearance Certificate
- CRB — Credit Reference Bureau Certificate
- Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) Clearance
Salary Attached to Scales
MTRH 2: Kshs 225,221 X 7,180 — 232,301 X 7,409 — 239,711 X 7,646 — 247,357 X 7,890 255,246 X 8,141 — 2N,388 X 8,401 — 271,789 X 8,669p.m
MTRH 4: Kshs 123,027 x 5,252 – 128,279 x 5,492 – 133,772 x 5,742 – 139,514 x 8 – 145,532 x 6,263 – 151,565 x 6,565 – 158,361p.m
MTRH 5: Kshs. 106,184 x 4,710 – 010,895 x 4,927 – 015, 22 x 5,153 -120,976 x 5,(I 126,366 x 5,639 – 132,005 x 5,899 – 137,905p.m
MTRH 6: Kshs. 81,684 x 4,062 – 85,747 x 4,250 – 89,997 x 4,297 – 94,294 x 4,348 – 9ft (,42 x 4,399 – 103,042 x 4,452 – 107,495p.m
MTRH 9: Kshs. 50,437 x 2,296 – 52,733 x 2,402 – 55,136 x 2,518 – 57,655 x 2,618 – 60,273 x 2,783 – 63,056p.m
MTRH 10: Kshs. 42,137 x 2,193 – 44,330 x 2,289 – 46,620 x 2,418 – 49,038 x 2,546 -51,584 x 2,680 – 54,264 x 2,824 – 57,088 p.m
The successful candidates will still be entitled to applicable allowances to these grades.
How to Apply
If you are innovative, self-starter, results-oriented individual and you meet the above requirements, please send six (6) hard copies of your application with detailed C.V, together with certified copies of your relevant academic/professional testimonials and three (3) letters from referees of whom two (2) must be from your profession to:
Chief Executive Officer
Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital
Chandaria Cancer and Chronic Disease Centre
P 0 Box 3-30100
The deadline for submitting full applications will be on Friday, 31st May 2019 at 5:00 pm.
Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital is an equal opportunity Employer. Women, Persons Living with Disability (PLWDs) and those from Marginalized Areas due encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interviews.
Don’t Miss Your Next Job & Best Career Advice. Subscribe Below Now.