Program Manager Job at Secours Islamique France kenya 2015
Secours Islamique France Program Manager Career Recruitment in Nairobi Kenya Nov 2015
Job vacancy: Program Manager – Employment Kenya 2015
Job Description: Work Kenya
Job Duration: 1 January 2016 – 31 December 2016
Job Context: Secours Islamique France (SIF) is an international non-governmental organization based in France.
SIF is non-religious, focusing on both humanitarian emergency and development activities that serve the poor and the vulnerable.
SIF has been operational in Kenya since 2012.
In Kenya, SIF’s strategy is to provide basic essential services to the refugees in the camps, including Dadaab and Kakuma, and to develop durable solutions for the urban poor, particularly in the areas of Education, FSL, Shelter, and WASH.
Specific Responsibilities: Program Manager Job Kenya
Under the supervision of the Field Coordinator and Head of Mission (HoM), the Program Manager is expected to deliver or do the following tasks, in addition to other duties as assigned …
Coordination with Field Coordinator and HoM
- Under the direction of the Field Coordinator and HoM, liaise with UN agencies, government representatives, other NGOs, donors, and suppliers on behalf of SIF Kenya Mission.
- Provide verbal and written details of meetings with the above stakeholders.
- Provide regular and detailed updates on field activities.
- Liaise with the Regional Administrator to ensure full compliance with all SIF and Kenya rules and regulations regarding human resources and finance.
- Liaise with the Logistics Coordinator to ensure full compliance with all SIF and Kenya rules and regulations regarding procurement, other logistics tasks, and security.
- Liaise with the Program Coordinator to ensure full compliance with all SIF and donor rules and regulations regarding projects.
- Liaise with the M&E Coordinator to ensure full compliance with SIF and donor requirements for assessments, monitoring, and evaluation activities.
- Manage the field program team, in coordinator with the Field Coordinator.
- Support the field M&E team, in coordination with the M&E Coordinator.
- Assist the Field Coordinator and HoM to fully implement activities in Kenya in 2016.
- Assist the Field Coordinator and HoM to develop the Kenya Mission for 2016 onwards.
- Minimum of a university degree related to humanitarian aid work or emergency relief work. A certificate related to finance or logistics would be a distinct advantage.
- Minimum of 4 years of field-level experience and minimum of 1 year of program management experience in the NGO sector. This experience must be in two or more of the following areas: (1) Education, (2) Food Security and Livelihoods, (3) Shelter/NFI, (4) WASH.
- Prior experience in a developing country. Prior experience in an emergency context or highly insecure environment is a distinct advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills in all media and modes of communication, including professional appearance, attitude, and behavior.
- Good ability to read, write, speak in English at a professional level, with a good knowledge of industry-standard lexicons.
- Prior experience designing or implementing needs assessments, baselines, monitoring missions, or end-of-project evaluations. Preference will be given to experience related to protracted emergencies involving refugees and IDPs.
- Good computer skills including MS Office suite.
- A cooperative nature, with focus on problem-solving through consultations and using facts and evidence-based information.
- Honesty and personal integrity.
- Motivated and takes initiative.
- The position requires physical movement. Candidates must be able to walk for extensive periods in urban and rural terrain.
- Personal contact information, related work experience (in chronological order and going back at most 5 years) with company contact information, at least 1 professional reference, and at least 1 personal reference.
- Motivation letter and CV must be in one of the following formats: PDF or MS Word.
- Copy of Kenyan ID, JPG or PDF format only. File size to not exceed 250 KB.
In the email heading, indicate “SIF Kenya – Program Manager – [your first and last name].”
NB: Applications that do not meet the above criteria and specifications will not be accepted.
SIF is an equal opportunity employer.