Programme Officer Job NACC Kenya 2020
Programme Officer Job NACC Kenya 2020
Career Employment Kenya: Programme Officer Job NACC Kenya 2020
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Programme Officer Job, Latest Public Health Jobs,
Name of Organization NACC
Job Title PROGRAMME OFFICER, (RESEARCH)
Reports to HEAD , RESEARCH
Grade NACC 4
Department POLICY, MONITORING & RESEARCH
This position entails development, implementation and review of the Kenya HIV Research Agenda to ensure effective translation of research into local policy and practice. Also entails provision of support in multi-sectoral coordination of research stakeholders in Kenya as well as dissemination of research products in local, regional and international conferences in alignment to the HIV strategic framework across all levels.
- Develop, and disseminate the Kenya HIV Research Agenda which outlines HIV research priorities for the country in alignment with the Kenya AIDS Strategic Framework.
- Oversee implementation of the HIV Research Agenda including coordination of research stakeholders at national and county level
- Undertake reviews of the Kenya HIV Research Agenda to determine progress in implementation and inform resource allocation
- Operationalize the Kenya AIDS Research Coordination Mechanism (KARSCOM) which takes a lead role in stakeholder engagement for HIV research in the country.
- Organize and participate in quarterly stakeholder meetings for Research stakeholders to discuss progress in the country’s HIV research as well as set agendas for subsequent quarters through the KARSCOM.
- Establish and disseminate the Kenya HIV Research Hub which is a web-based platform that collates studies on HIV, Sexual Reproductive Health and co-morbidities such as TB to promote evidence-based decision making.
- Organize quarterly webinar meetings with stakeholders through the Research Hub to engage and discuss on the new studies and development in HIV Research
- Develop and disseminate quarterly briefs that summarize new and emerging research findings and their implication on HIV policy and programming.
- Engage partners to mobilize resources for implementation of the country’s HIV research
- Contribute to organization of the biennial Maisha HIV and AIDS Research conference that brings together researchers, policy makers, implementers and counties providing a platform to share knowledge on HIV research as well as best practices in programming.
- Review abstracts for the Maisha conference and communicate feedback to conference
delegates who submitted abstracts.
- Prepare concept notes and terms of Reference for various upcoming projects for funding from partners (such as UNAIDS, UNDP, Global Fund) and engagement of various consultants
- Undertake administrative roles that facilitate the above tasks such as; invitations and communication to stakeholders through emails and letters; prepare for meetings through development and circulation of agenda and take minutes for various meetings held; prepare memos to facilitate activities.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, Epidemiology or closely related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, Epidemiology or closely related field
- Have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in multi-sectoral HIV prevention and care work; at least three (3) years of which should involve working experience in HIV research as evidenced by publications in scientific journals, presentations in research conferences and/or successful research grant submissions
- Interpersonal skills to effectively deal with stakeholders in HIV research that range from institutions of higher learning, ethics review committees, HIV research & implementing partners as well as development partners
- Communication and interpersonal skills to be able to deal effectively with various HIV research stakeholders
- IT proficiency is an added advantage to effectively manage the research hub which is an online web-based platform
- Team player to effectively engage with other team members for delivery of the various roles of the division
- Analytical, strategic planning and policy making skills
How to Apply
The above positions are on a three (3) year renewable contract basis subject to satisfactory performance through a formal appraisal. The individuals recruited shall be of high integrity and able to work within a team. If you fulfil the requirements, you are invited to submit an application letter together with an up to date CV, copies of certificates, testimonials, names and contacts of three professional referees in a sealed envelope by 5:00 p.m on Tuesday, December 8, 2020 to the address provided below.
NACC is an equal opportunity employer and does NOT discriminate any applicant on the basis of their HIV status, ethnic background, sex, religion, disability, or marital status yet is attentive to gender, regional and ethnic balance. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
For candidates to be considered, they will be required to meet the expectations of Chapter 6 on Leadership and Integrity. This will include but is not limited to getting the following clearances:
- Certificate of Good Conduct
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti – Corruption Commission on Integrity
- Certificate of Compliance from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Tax Compliance Clearance
- Certificate of Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
The Chief Executive Officer
National AIDS Control Council
Landmark Plaza 9th Floor
P.O. Box 61307, 00200