Project Assistant Job in Kenya 2021
Project Assistant Job in Kenya 2021
Career Employment Kenya: Project Assistant Job in Kenya 2021
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Position: Project Assistant
The Job holder will be
responsible for roles is aimed at promoting peace, justice and social cohesion
at the local and national level by use of sports as a tool for youths in Kibera
to embrace alternatives to violence and peaceful cohesion and engage in
meaningful livelihoods activities.
Line Relationships Key Work Relationships
Responsible to:• Project Officer
• Field Officer Internal:
• Program coordinator(s)
• Program Officers
• Project officer
• Head of Research, Policy &
• Head of Programs
• Community groups
• Suppliers to CFK Contract
1.Project Planning and Design
• Support program development, planning,
implementation and evaluation.
• Design interventions responsive to the
context by way of using sports.
• Design or review training manuals to aid
in delivery of the intervention targeting the Youths
• Develop project work plans for sports
• Develop and maintain relevant database
of data and serve as a hub of data that may be required for reporting purposes
and sharing with donors
• Incorporate workable empowerment model
in new projects.
2.Project Implementation and Training
• Mobilize community on
a need basis within the sports for peace and development project.
• Promote youth participation in sports,
social cohesion and peace initiatives.
• Develop new and novel sporting
activities with an aim of increasing youth participation and engagement.
• Establish of joint development
initiatives among the different communities in Kibera to promote sustainable
• Mentorship and training of young
community leaders to spearhead peace and development initiatives in Kibera.
• Establish and run community youth
parliaments to increase democracy and spearhead community development
initiatives that target the youths
• Link talented youth to opportunities in
sports academies and clubs.
• Promote professional development for
coaches and referees.
• Participate in the development and
update of training materials.
• Forge positive partnerships for the
attainment of project goals.
• In liaison with the Program Coordinator
identify opportunities to strengthen the sports for development component of
• Represent the program in trainings,
forums and seminars with directive from the coordinator
• Engage with the coordinator in
prospecting for funds
3.Project Monitoring& Evaluation
• Compile reports (narrative and data) and
submit them to the program coordinator as per the set deadlines
• Participate in the design, data
collection and analysis of surveys and routine data
• Ensure proper documentation and
dissemination of lessons learnt.
• Evaluation of training conducted.
• Monitoring and reviewing the progress of
4.Financial Management and Reporting
• Offer support in program budgets.
Monitor budget spending in line with the spending plans, budget vs actual
analyses, and develop remedial plans where necessary to ensure budgets are
• Ensure donor compliance with donor
guidelines and contracts including budget flexibility and reporting
• Manage budget and work plan in liaison
with the coordinator.
5.Education and Competencies
• Diploma in Community
Development, Social Studies, Project Management and related field.
• Minimum 2 years in a similar position
with demonstrated achievements.
• Informal Settlement experience is an
• Great Interpersonal Skills.
• Team Player who is ready to learn and
• Has empathy, is Positive and has
• Has knowledge on child protection policy
• Has been able to implement youth
• Has knowledge on Microsoft office
packages and among other ICT skills
How to Apply;
Send a cover letter and
resume with reference PROJECT ASSISTANT, SPORTS FOR PEACE AND DEVELOPMENT to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 16th