Project Assistant NGO Internships in Kenya 2021
Project Assistant NGO Internships in Kenya 2021
Career Employment Kenya: Project Assistant NGO Internships in Kenya 2021
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
date: March 19, 2021
Duration: 6 Months renewable
Assistant Junior – Internship
Station: CEFA regional office NAIROBI – KENYA, with possible missions to
Garowe and Mogadishu in Somalia.**
Kenyan National citizen or resident
CEFA (The European Committee for Training and Agriculture is an Italian
Non-Governmental Organization established in 1972 and active in 10 Countries in
Africa, Latin America and Eastern Europe. CEFA’s medium- and long-term
interventions in the agricultural, environmental and Human Rights sector are
focused on the sustainable development of the communities, achieved by
involving local counterparts and by promoting the active participation of the
CEFA Somalia Programs are focus on food security, nutrition, rural
development, and rehabilitation/construction of productive infrastructures
(irrigation canals and systems, food processing and transformation units,
etc.), with the aim of supporting small-scale farmers, rural communities, and
the most vulnerable population groups. CEFA’s interventions are addressed to
achieve food self-sufficiency, promote social and economic development, and
meet the basic needs of the local population, combining actions aimed at
supporting agricultural production with actions of a social and cultural
nature. CEFA adopts an integrated approach, promoting the development of all
segments of the production chain (production and harvesting, storage and
distribution, processing and packaging, marketing and retail), through the
active involvement of local counterparts, both at the institutional and
community level. In particular, CEFA supports the sesame value chain in Middle
and Lower Shabelle and the date palm value chain in Puntland. CEFA also
promotes the diversification of rural communities’ sources of livelihood
(horticulture, beekeeping, food processing, etc.) and the adoption of
climate-smart technologies and production practices for the development of a
sustainable and nutrition-sensitive food system.
Project Assistant Junior will support the Project Manager(s) in the
management and coordination of CEFA project(s) in Somalia.
will support the staff in planning, monitoring, communication, and
reporting on the activities under CEFA projects in Somalia.
will support the conduction of logistics and procurement processes, and he
assists CEFA project staff on the administrative management and financial
reporting of CEFA projects in Somalia.
- The intern
will demonstrate motivated participation in the learning experience.
- At the end
of the assignment, the intern will provide a full report demonstrating
learning and achievements during the internship as guided by the
Project Management and Coordination Support
• Drafting, reviewing, and archiving weekly, monthly, and quarterly
narrative project reports.
• Attending meetings with project partners, donors, partners, stakeholders
and service providers, collecting precise minutes of the meetings;
• Supporting the coordination and monitoring of the implementation of the
activities under CEFA’s projects in Somalia;
• Supporting the Project Manager(s) in the preparation of institutional
documents and projects’ reports to the donors and CEFA HQ.
• Translation of project documents and manuals;
• Preparation of budgets for the financial planning of the projects’
• In coordination with Procurement Officer and CEFA PM, supervision and
coordination with service providers and contractors under CEFA projects in
• Participation Coordination with project partners and stakeholders,
through the organization of the meeting and the facilitation of communication
among the different actors involved in the project management and
• Developing and updating the digital mapping dataset of CEFA projects in
• Identifying, collecting, studying and archiving publications, academic
researches, and other documents regarding the relevant thematic areas for the
implementation of the CEFA Somalia program;
• Preparing summaries and factsheets of relevant studies and documentation
to inform the work of the Project Manager(s) and other project staff;
• Identification of call for proposals and other funding opportunities, and
write up of project proposals and concept notes.
Administrative, logistics and procurement support
• Supporting CEFA Project Admin in the preparation and review of the
cashbooks and the financial reports for CEFA projects in Somalia;
• In coordination with Procurement Officer and CEFA PM supporting the
logistics organization of CEFA Regional Staff missions in Somalia;
• In coordination with CEFA PM drafting of human resources and service
providers contractual agreements and ToRs;
• Supporting the CEFA Procurement Officer in the collection of quotations
from possible service providers and participation in the comparative analysis
of the collected quotations;
• Supporting the human resources recruitment processes for CEFA Somalia
• Participation in the procurement processes and bid evaluation for the
selection of the main service providers for CEFA projects in Somalia;
Communication and social media updates
• Periodic updates of the Social Media pages of CEFA Somalia;
• Supporting the production and collection of communication materials for
CEFA projects in Somalia;
• Designing and printing of communication and visibility materials for CEFA
projects in Somalia.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Devolvement and Cooperation studies, Business
Administration or related thematic to CEFA intervention sectors.
. Previous training experiences in agriculture food security, nutrition,
rural development or another relevant topic.
. Previous experience in CEFA main intervention sector is considered an
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and be pro-active
· Good facilitation, analytical, planning and report writing skills
· Strong computer skills and ability to use standard computing packages
such as word, excel, power point, spreadsheets and database software programs.
· Strong team working and interpersonal skills.
· Must be able to effectively communicate in English and Somali language
and have a clear understanding of the context of the area of operations.
· Good organizational skills, good interpersonal skills
· High Self-motivated and reliable
· Knowledge of written and spoken English and Somali languages
. Highest ethical standards
The incumbent reports hierarchically to the Somalia
How to Apply
Apply by: 19th March
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org,
inclusive of CV updated, cover letter and at least 2 references.
Internship: 40 hours per
Remuneration: 30,000 KES
For Kenyan National citizen
Unfortunately, due to
the high number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide feedback
if unsuccessful at the applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be
updated on the status of their application.