PSI Subaward Coordinator NGO Kenyan Job Vacancies Kenya 2021
PSI Subaward Coordinator NGO Kenyan Job Vacancies Kenya 2021
Career Employment Kenya: PSI Subaward Coordinator NGO Kenyan Job Vacancies Kenya 2021
Job Description: Today vacancy in Kenya
Who we are
Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We are a diverse group of over 5,000 entrepreneurial development professionals located in over 40 countries committed to making it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire. PSI is using it’s global presence and 50+ years of experience to help reimagine healthcare. We are working to shape market systems, shift policy and funding, and strengthen global capacity to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
PSI seeks a Subaward Coordinator (temporary) to provide routine administrative, operational, financial, and program management support to the Global Operations, Africa Program Management Team (PMT) focused on managing a diverse portfolio of subawards.
The Subaward Coordinator (temporary) reports to the Subaward Manager based in Washington, DC, USA. We are looking for someone with experience in a large organization with a fast-paced dynamic office environment and an interest in gaining experience in the management of large projects. This role is largely administrative but offers the opportunity to learn and gain insight into the financial and program management of large donor funded international development projects. The successful candidate will be very detail-oriented, have a desire to learn, and an ability work with team members and other departments to find answers and get things done. Being pro-active, prioritizing well, and managing one’s time are critical. Strong multi-tasking and problem-solving capabilities are key. A team player who is attentive to detail and has excellent organizational skills is highly sought.
• Support Global Operations, Africa Program Management Team (PMT) and Network Members (NMs) with subaward-related administrative tasks
• Prepare and submit subaward advance, liquidation, and reimbursement requests for HQ-paid subrecipients; track subrecipient payments and monitor cash balances
• Liaise with HQ Procurement and HQ Finance to setup subawards as vendors in Lawson; create and modify Purchase Orders (POs); and track payments in Ascend
• Collect, file, and organize essential subaward documentation (e.g., pre-award assessments, selection & negotiation memos, financial and program reports, site visits reports, monitoring plans, financial report review checklists, management letters, important email communications, pre-closeout letters, modifications, etc.) and update internal subaward trackers
• Conduct suspension, debarment, and anti-terrorism (Bridger Insight) verifications and enter FFATA (Federal Funding Accountability Transparency Act) reports
• Submit requests in Awards Management System (AMS) and liaise with HQ Grants & Contracts to request reviews of subagreements and modifications; Liaise with HQ Cost & Pricing and Financial Analysts (FAs) to request reviews of subaward budgets and budget realignments
• May manage the programmatic and financial health of a small, low complexity subaward portfolio, or components of a subaward portfolio
• Support on other team-wide administrative requests as needed
What are we looking for?
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance related field
• Minimum of 2 years work experience in a fast-paced environment
• Fluency in English; French language skills preferred
• Subaward and/or grants management experience preferred
• Proficiency in Excel
• Must be customer service oriented
• Meticulous attention to detail with a commitment to producing accurate, quality work
• Must possess the ability to work professionally and independently in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
• Must have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
• Must be pro-active and be able to manage time well
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• References will be required.
• The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
• Must be able to legally work in Kenya.
• This position is a temporary 6 months contract with potential to become permanent depending on budget availability and performance.
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
• Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
• Pragmatism: You’ll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won’t be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
• Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way you’ll learn and improve.
• Collaboration: You’ll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won’t succeed.
• Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt.
• Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest and current Curriculum Vitae by 7th May 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org; Subject: Subaward Coordinator
Applications are currently accepted on a rolling basis.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.