Retail Training Officer Job in Kenya 2021
Retail Training Officer Job in Kenya 2021
Career Employment Kenya: Retail Training Officer Job in Kenya 2021
Job Description: Today Recruitment Kenya
Job Vacancy: Retail Training Officer
Our client is a leading oil and gas company in the African region, they are seeking to onboard a competent Retail Training Officer to support their expansion strategy and maintain efficient and effective services for their clients.
The Retail officer will be responsible for devising the retail development strategy, overseeing its implementation and assessing its outcomes.
The role will identify talents and developmental needs and drive suitable initiatives targeting the staff within the department, Dealers, station managers and all cadre of site staff. Its responsibilities will include development of talent systems, mentoring programs and succession planning which will enhance employees’ skills, performance, productivity and quality of work.
Reports to: Retail Training Manager
Key Result Areas
- Coordinate and deliver all retail talent developing activities in order to meet local needs so as to ultimately deliver on the set Retail Volume Targets.
- Develop induction programmes for various new staff within retail and coordinate the delivery of the same in order to achieve effective induction and orientation sessions.
- Coordinate end to end dealer recruitment (including recruitment of COCO station staff) process from selection, interview, appointment, performance appraisal (with clear and SMART performance objectives), confirmation, and signing /management of contract in a way that ensures there is an up-to-date contract register/tracker.
- Maintaining an updated database of prospective dealers ready to take over sites that fall vacant. (This also includes developing a file for dealership application forms).
- Train recruited dealers in all site operations standards and procedures, station financial management, stock management using the training tools. Administer the formal induction programme for newly appointed dealers before station handover.
- Manage and be the custodian of all contracts with dealers from appointment, renewal or termination of such contracts while ensuring all these processes are done within accepted timelines and before expiry to mitigate any exposure from not having a valid contract.
- Embedded the dealer Performance Improvement Process (PIP) to ensure the correct process is followed with centralized administration around warning letters for all sites under PIP.
- Be involved in the recruitment of COCO station staff by working hand in hand with the recruitment consultant from selection, interview, shortlisting and presenting the shortlisted staff to the Retail Training Manager and Retail Manager for approval and validation.
- Develop a career path for Young Dealer Scheme outlining different steps for the roadmap to becoming a Young Dealer from talent recognition, talent development to the point of appointment to be a Young Dealer indicating timelines for the different steps.
- Manage the contract with the consultant responsible for recruiting COCO station staff through regular review meetings on contract performance as per agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA) so as to ensure reports are received within agreed timelines and in the agreed format.
- Coordinate with various business sections and employees within the retail Department to implement employee engagement strategies such as talent systems, mentoring programs and succession planning.
- Collaborate with business leaders to design suitable training programs that will facilitate employee development.
- This includes researching and organizing the most relevant and appropriate training content and resources to support employee development.
- Assist and support the implementation of marketing communication through effective site staff engagement before and during marketing promotions and product launches.
- Monitor and evaluate talent developing program’s effectiveness, success and ROI periodically and report on them.
- Ensure all related records, reports and materials are regularly updated.
- Undergraduate degree in Business/ HR
- 5 years in reputable Oil Marketing Company
- Knowledge in Retail business in an Oil industry
- Good understanding of functions in Retail business
- Analytical and keen to details
How to Apply
Qualified and interested applicants should send their detailed CV, indicating their current and expected salaries to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 5pm on 3rd November 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“Our client embraces equal opportunity for all”.