Risk Management Job JSC Kenya 2020
Risk Management Job JSC Kenya 2020
Career Employment Kenya: Risk Management Job JSC Kenya 2020
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Assistant Director Job, Current Jobs In Kenya,
Job Reference Number : V/No. 13/2020,
Number of Positions : One (1),
Terms of Service : Pensionable,
Gross Salary Scale : Kshs. 283,000 – 360,600 p.m.
The job holder will be responsible for identifying, assessing critical risks that the Judiciary faces, formulating and executing strategies to guard against the risks, conducting compliance reviews on the implementation and operational effectiveness of the risk management policies and making appropriate recommendations.
The Job holder will be responsible to the Director, Audit and Risk Management
Area of Deployment:
Directorate of Audit and Risk Management
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifying in consultation with the management, the relevant operating risks that may affect operations and delivery of services and assess their likelihood of occurrence and potential impact;
- Leading in the development and implementation of the Risk Management Policy and strategy that aligns with the strategic Plan;
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining a compliance framework on statutory, contractual and internal obligations (e.g code of conduct, internal controls and quality management systems);
- Preparing an annual Risk and Compliance Review Plan to be approved by the Audit, Governance and Risk Management Committee;
- Reviewing compliance with existing laws, regulations, policies, plans and procedures, accounting pronouncements and contractual obligations;
- Preparing and presenting comprehensive and insightful reports for all risk and compliance assessments undertaken;
- Engaging stakeholders through the risk and compliance review process ensuring all stakeholders are kept informed at all stages of the review process;
- Monitoring key metrics to confirm achievement of the risk and compliance plans and their contribution to the overall strategic plan;
- Tracking and monitoring Risk and Compliance assessments findings and ensure recommendations made are implemented;
- Driving training and sensitization of judicial officers and staff in risk management and compliance;
- Updating and consolidating the Judiciary Risk register;
- Providing leadership, developing, training, coaching, motivating and evaluating risk management staff to achieve their highest levels of performance;
- Facilitating statutory and external risk and compliance reviews; and
Job Requirements: Academic and Professional Qualifications:
For appointment to this position, the applicant must have: –
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Business Administration or any other recognized equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Professional Certification as a Certified Public Accountants (CPA K) or Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA) or Risk Management or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
- Professional Membership to a relevant professional body with Good Standing;
- A Certification in Certified Information System Auditors (C.I.S.A);
- A Senior Management Course or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in Computer Applications; and
- Meets the Requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
- Minimum nine (9) years relevant work experience
- At least three (3) years at Middle Level Management;
Job Core Competencies:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Leadership & Good interpersonal skills;
- Professional and Technical competence;
- Confidentiality, High Integrity, attention to details and accuracy;
- Analytical & Negotiation Skills; and
- Organizational, planning skills and Results-oriented
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by: –
- Filling an Online Application Employment Form available at the Judiciary jobs portal: jobs.judiciary.go.ke. Applicants should upload soft copies of the following documents to the online application: –
(a) Copy of National Identity Card;
(b) A detailed and updated curriculum vitae to include information on past, present employment or engagement with names of three (3) referees;
(c) Certified copies of academic & professional certificates and any other relevant testimonials;
(d) Applicant’s recent coloured passport size photographs (2 No.).
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit valid clearance certificates from the following bodies during the interview: –
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- A recognized Credit Reference Bureau; and
- Recommendation from relevant professional body, as the case may be, as being in Good Standing.
Applicants MUST take note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job application and the same will be verified by relevant bodies.
The application must reach the Commission NOT LATER THAN 28TH October, 2020 AT 5.00PM
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Judicial Service Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and selects candidates on merit through fair and open competition from the widest range of eligible candidates