Sacco Credit Officer Job in Kenya 2019
Sacco Credit Officer Job in Kenya 2019
Career Employment Kenya: Sacco Credit Officer Job in Kenya 2019
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Our client, a medium sized Sacco Society based in Nairobi seeks to recruit a suitable person to fill the position of Credit Officer.
Ref No: SCO /02/19.
Purpose: The Credit Officer will drive all the credit functions of the Sacco.
The position holder shall report to the General Manager.
The officer will provide support to credit committee with the aim of increasing Sacco growth in loan book and revenue generation.
- Receiving and appraising loan applications which includes meeting with the members.
- Review loan applications to ensure that they are complete and accurate in accordance with the Credit policy.
- Obtain and compile copies of loan applicants’ credit histories, statements, and other financial information that is essential in loan application evaluation
- Analyze applicants’ financial status, credit worthiness and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Submit applications for verification and recommendation.
- Compile and compute payment schedules.
- Review and update credit and loan files on a daily and weekly basis
- Prepare reports to send to members whose accounts are delinquent, and forward unrecoverable amounts for collector action on a monthly basis.
- Negotiate payment arrangements or plans with members who have delinquent loans.
- Meet members and explain the different types of loans and credit options that are available and their terms.
- Stay abreast of new types of loans and other financial services and products in order to meet members’ needs.
- Work with members to identify their financial goals and to find ways of reaching those goals.
- Set credit policies, credit lines, procedures and standards in conjunction with General Manager.
- Develop new credit products based on the needs of the members.
- Develop special services such as investment products for members with more specialized needs.
- Handle customer complaints and take appropriate action to resolve them.
Skills and Competencies
- Active Listening – Must be able to give full attention to what the members or other people are saying taking time to understand the points being made.
- Persuasiveness- Ability to convince members to take loans from the Sacco as well as persuading the credit committee to agree with his/her recommendations.
- Computer proficiency: should be familiar with computers and software applications related to core banking services and conversant with advanced excel.
- Analytical skills and perception: Must be able to accurately assess members’ financial statements to ensure their creditworthiness.
- Performance management: Ability to monitor/Assess own performance, other individuals, or society to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Customer Service: Able to handle difficult customers with diplomacy and tact.
Job Qualification, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Degree in Business administration, Finance, or Accounting or Co-operative business from a recognized university.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting and selling Sacco products or services. This includes marketing strategies, tactics and product demonstration.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Fluency of English language both written and Verbal communication.
- More than 3years of relevant experience in similar position.
- A diploma in Cooperative Management will be an added advantage.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, kindly CLICK HERE to download and complete the online form (Use Adobe reader to download) and submit as per the instructions contained therein by 30th August 2019.