Safaricom HR Business Partner Job Kenya 2022
Safaricom HR Business Partner Job Kenya 2022
Career Employment Kenya: Safaricom HR Business Partner Job Kenya 2022
Job Description: Today vacancy in Kenya
HR Business Partner Job, HR Kenyan Jobs 2022,
We are pleased to announce the subject career opportunity within HR (M-Pesa Africa) reporting to the Executive Head of HR.
M-Pesa, is a pioneering fintech business and global market leader in mobile money. Starting from 2007 as a convenient means by which the unbanked and underbanked could make digital payments, M-Pesa has now grown to offer over 50 million active customers financial services, enterprise, merchant and retail solutions. We are proud of our work in enabling the digital economy in our markets, and in driving financial inclusion.
M-Pesa Africa is a separate entity, formed as a joint venture between Vodacom and Safaricom, working within the scaled agile framework (SAFe). You will perform all aspects of the HR Business Partner role; support the business area in the execution of HR processes, including but not limited to Resourcing, Performance Management, Culture & Engagement, Talent management, Reward & Recognition, and the annual budget process.
The role combines partnering with leaders in a defined business area with proactively managing wider people projects as part of M-Pesa Africa’s people strategy. Working together with the EHOD M-Pesa HR, you will support the definition and delivery of the HR agenda for the designated business function and continually challenge the function to make the right decisions for the business, instigating and managing transformation projects that improve organization, team and individual effectiveness.
Why this role is tailored for you
- You will work with Vodacom and Safaricom Center of Expertise (i.e. Resourcing, Learning and Development, Organization Effectiveness & Change and Reward) to ensure appropriate support for the business units
- You will engage with Leaders, Managers and Employees in M-Pesa Africa business area and across all M-Pesa Africa entities
- We will expose you to Agile Release Trains and give you a blank canvas to explore a world of possibilities.
- Our culture values allow you to focus on candidate/employee & line manager experience (the customer), Experiment & be bold, collaborate while innovating.
Key Role Responsibilities
To help culture shift the organization where:
- Everyone understands our purpose and how it influences their work
- People feel comfortable speaking their mind openly, honestly, and professionally no matter what the issue
- We thrive on diversity of thought, ideas and perspectives, and we are proud of our open and inclusive workforce
- Provide feedback and coaching to the business area’s leadership team and ensure all leaders & people managers are equipped to drive employee engagement, culture and performance.
Support the execution of Talent Management, that:
- Successfully creates an environment where employees can seek meaning, experience, and self-fulfillment
- Allows people to do their best work, where it is evident in how they learn, collaborate, and deliver on their mission
- Ensures people and teams have the skills and capabilities required to deliver on their objectives
- Puts employees in control of their own growth path, where we provide ample learning access and opportunities
- Embraces modern learning practices, such as, microlearning and communities of practice to effectively exchange and expand knowledge and ideas
- Proactively responds to changing business needs and place talent across the organization
Enable our Lean-Agile organisation transformation journey, where:
- The workforce design reflects the context of our business and allows us to respond promptly to opportunities and threats
- We operate as one team and have effectively broken-down silos between departments
- Our leaders have shifted their role from task management and firefighting to improving the work environment and developing people
- HR is effective in preparing the organization for new challenges and demands
- All people are well-educated and knowledgeable about Lean-Agile values, principles, and practices
- HR and People processes, and procedures are constantly evolving as we learn for maximum impact
Support Employee Engagement Management where:
- Employees feel connected to our organization, they are inspired and engaged
- We inspire and celebrate success and everyday excellence, and put the power of recognition and appreciation in the hands of everyone
- Bachelor’s Degree and Higher National Diploma in HRM or CHRP-K
- Breadth of knowledge and business acumen typically obtained from a total of 4-5 years’ work experience in a large commercial organization of which 3-4 years should be within the HR function directly in, or closely supporting, executive and/or line operations
- Agile, innovative, pragmatic, commercial, and customer-focused approach
- Proven track record of managing programme / project management (including the coordination of multiple internal and external resources)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Word and Excel software
- Knowledge of / exposure to relevant employment legislation (e.g. data protection)
- Understanding of Labor laws related across different regions.
- CIPD/IHRM qualifications (or equivalent)
- SAFe Agile experience and qualifications an advantage
We are happy if you have:
- Experience of working within a cross-cultural team.
- Experience sourcing for all level roles (Exco and critical hard-to-fill roles).
- Agile certification.
What you can expect from us:
- We believe in a fair and robust interview process
- We have a robust flexible total reward scheme
- Dedicated support and mentoring/coaching
- Opportunity to develop and progress – plus a solid dedication to work-life integration. It all means you’ll have everything you need to advance your career and achieve your full potential.
Note to Applicants
As part of our recruitment process, we will request the below documentation which will be required as soft copies at a later stage of the process.
- An updated CV with a confirmation of three referees- 2 must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field. If the referees are within the same organization that you are working with, you will need to confirm to us that it’s okay to contact them in writing (via email). This also includes all references within the Human Resources department.
- Scanned copy of certificate of good conduct from the CID (Less than 1 year old) – Applicable to Kenyans Only
- Scanned copy of certificate from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) – Applicable to Kenyans Only
- Scanned copy of University Certificate
- Scanned copy of your National ID / Passport-Legal Form of Identification
How to Apply