Safety Officer Job KFS Kenya 2020
Safety Officer Job KFS Kenya 2020
Career Employment Kenya: Safety Officer Job KFS Kenya 2020
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Safety Officer Job, Other Professions
Kenya Ferry Services is a State Corporation, established under the Companies Act (CAP 486) of the Laws of Kenya and operating under the Ministry of Transport, Infrastructure, Housing, Urban Development and Public Works, mandated with the operation of ferries in the Country. The Company’s headquarters are set along the expansive shores of the beautiful and splendid Indian Ocean overlooking the magnificent view of the channel at Peleleza, Likoni, Mombasa.
To strengthen its workforce, KFSL is seeking to recruit dynamic, highly driven and result oriented individuals for the following positions:
Safety Officer – Grade FM5- Post Ref:9000-02/2020- 1 Post
Reporting to Senior Safety Officer and will be responsible for guiding, liaising, coordinating and advising the
company on matters relating to safety and health at the workplace.
- Implement and enforce safety standards for safe operation of the ferry services;
- Ensure that all the safety equipment both off-shore and on-board the ferries are in safe custody and in proper working condition;
- Audit of safety equipment on-board for safety inspection for the purposes of ferry craft annual licensing;
- Investigate and make reports on accidents and inform relevant authorities and recommend necessary action to prevent recurrence of the same;
- Develop a self-regulating disaster preparedness policy; and
- Design safety information for ferry users and organize mock emergency drills for regular ferry
- Bachelor’s degree in Physical Sciences or related field from a recognised institution
- Professional diploma in safety, preferably in marine safety or related field from a recognized institution.
- Standard Training for Certification and Watch keeping (STCW)
- 3 years relevant working experience preferably in marine industry;
How to Apply
Kenya Ferry Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equity within the organization. Applicants comprising persons living with disabilities (PWDs), those from marginalized areas, youth and women are encouraged to apply.
TERMS OF SERVICE AND REMUNERATION
All the above positions are challenging and offer attractive and competitive remuneration packages which include basic salary, house allowance, medical cover, leave travel allowance and other benefits in accordance with the Kenya Government Public Service guidelines.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and should submit among other documents;
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau
If you believe your career objectives match the above roles, please submit your application, on or before 2nd November, 2020 on our recruitment portal recruitment.kenyaferry.co.ke Only applications made on the recruitment portal will be accepted.
Applications without relevant qualifications, copies of documentation/ details as sought for will not be considered. Any form of Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.