Sanergy Compliance Associate Job (Engineering) Kenya 2021
Sanergy Compliance Associate Job (Engineering) Kenya 2021
Career Employment Kenya: Sanergy Compliance Associate Job (Engineering) Kenya 2021
Job Description: Today vacancy in Kenya
Engineering Compliance Associate Job, Kenyan Current Engineering Jobs,
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture based in Nairobi, Kenya. We undertake three exciting lines of work:
- We provide safe, sustainable sanitation services to residents living in urban informal settlements of Nairobi and Kisumu using end-to-end non-sewered sanitation solutions. Watch here!
- We implement a circular economy model to sustainably manage sanitation and organic waste generated in cities. Using technologies developed in-house, we upcycle the waste into insect-based protein for animal feed, organic fertilizer, and biomass fuel. We operate the largest organics recycling plant in East Africa. Watch here!
- We partner with cities to develop and deliver safe sanitation and waste management for urban residents. Using a systematic methodology, we match cities’ sanitation and waste management needs with technology and service delivery models, and then offer clear guidance on the steps that governments, funders, service providers and technology developers can take to develop and implement integrated service delivery systems.
Operational since 2011, Sanergy serves over 140,000 urban residents with safe sanitation services every day. Sanergy collects and treats over 12,000T of waste per year, and successfully sells its agricultural end-products to farmers in over 20 counties in Kenya, who see improved yields and increased incomes. At the same time, we have built a team of over 400 employees from diverse backgrounds who solve diverse problems, but all embody the drive, creativity, teamwork, and passion that make us achieve our goals. For our work, we have been recognized by the Gates Foundation as one of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals accelerator; by Fast Company as one of the 10 most innovative companies in the world doing social good and one of the 10 best companies in Africa, and the Food Planet Prize for our innovative circular economy approach.
About the role
Sanergy seeks to recruit a Compliance Associate-Engineering who will support the management of compliance matters and maintain policies and procedures to remain within the industry’s regulatory framework.
Duties and Responsibilities
- External compliance: Ensure that our internal compliance system align with the external until certification by ensuring that we have the right documentation ie. ccp documents, work instructions.
- Responsible for new applications, subscriptions and renewals for permits, licenses, certificates and any other authorization as when required on behalf of the company.
- Audits: Ensure that we conduct certification audits KEBS, Ecocert, Public Health, NEMA, County and DOSHS
- Leading projects to get renewals: taking lead with DVS inspection.
- First point of contact in cases of product compliance and Kenya Bureau of standards matters.
- Ensuring the NEMA Audits/EMP (environmental management plan) standards are being complied with as per audit reports.
- Translate international regulations and standards into activities or process that will be implemented by the company.
- Proactively report on status of projects with ideas on improvements
- Provide guidance and support to other departments on matters relating pertaining to government relations.
- Liaise with GR officer regarding operational inspection eg. Public health, NEMA, County, KEBS & any other relevant government authority
- Have open and honest discussions to enhance collaboration, report any unresolved conflict to your Manager or Talent Partner
- Establishing contacts and building relationships with officials from the Kenya Bureau of Standards and constantly engaging them to aid in certification and yearly renewal of products permits.
- Establishing contacts and building relationships with officials from the Kenya Industrial property institute for purposes of patenting company logos and brand names that the company has.
- Establishing contacts and building relationships with officials from relevant government agencies such as NPHL, KIRDI and Ministry of mining for purposes of testing company products as required by KEBS.
- Establishing contacts and building relationships with international bodies such as Ecocert for purposes of ensuring that company products meet international standards and are certified for sale in the international market.
- Attend technical committee (TC) meetings at the Kenya Bureau of standards. These committees are Animal feeds technical committee, fertilizers and soil conditioners TC, Wastes TC, organic farming and organics products TC Sanitation and water treatment TC and Bio-energy TC, to represent the company’s interests
- Regularly compile and communicate to staff on any changes in KEBS standards and procedures and other government directives that may affect our products as soon as they occur
- Maintain an updated and clear certification renewal calendar visible to internal customers
- Ensure that company products are produced/processed, packaged, and stored according to country standards and regulations.
- Assist in developing strategies to smoothen operations and corroborate government partnerships.
- A degree in environmental management, engineering, or social sciences.
- At least 2 years of experience in the related field.
Job Location: Kinanie, Athi River
Application Deadline: 30th September 2021
How to Apply
Sanergy is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
NOTE TO APPLICANTS
SANERGY AND FRESH LIFE DO NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). SANERGY AND FRESH LIFE DO NOT ASK FOR INFORMATION PERTAINING TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS AND ANY OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.