SHOFCO Plumber Job 2022
SHOFCO Plumber Job 2022
Career Employment Kenya: SHOFCO Plumber Job 2022
Job Description: Today Recruitment Kenya
Plumber Job, Kenyan NGO Vacancies 2022,
SHOFCO is a grassroots organization that unlocks the potential of urban slum dwellers to lead hopeful and fulfilling lives. SHOFCO disrupts survival mode by providing critical services including health care, clean water, education, and economic empowerment; and links these efforts to a community-led advocacy platform. Over the next 5-10 years, SHOFCO aims to become a national platform for urban slum transformation across Kenya, demonstrating a scalable and replicable model that can be used around the world.
To be responsible for routine and preventative maintenance and repair procedures on buildings and equipment.
Key Responsibilities / Duties/ Tasks
- Perform minor repairs in the buildings and sites.
- Installing pipes and fixtures such as sinks and toilets, for water, gas, steam, air or other liquids.
- Installing supports for pipes, equipment and fixtures prior to installation. Assembling fittings and valves.
- Modifying pipes, fixtures and other plumbing materials.
- Collaborating with contractors, construction workers, electricians and pipe fitters in installing and repairing.
- Perform preventive maintenance procedures on building mechanical equipment on a scheduled basis.
- Testing plumbing systems for leakages and other problems and undertaking repairs.
- Replace broken windows, repair door, door locks and closets.
- Choosing plumbing materials based on budget and location. Performing inspections of plumbing systems to identify and replace worn-out parts
- Complete daily, weekly, monthly checklists on building and equipment maintenance procedures.
- Maintain records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests as required.
- Support with renovation/remodelling of buildings.
- Maintain the bio-latrine.
- Maintain general hygiene of the main site.
- Obtain estimates for supplies, repair parts and order parts as needed.
- A trade test certificate in craftwork / Artisanship in the following area :- Plumbing
- Secondary school certificate
Other requirements (unique/job specific)
- At least 1 year proven experience in a similar role
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other SHOFCO employees
- Meeting timescales
- Adopting practical approaches
- Managing tasks
- Producing output
- Following procedures
- Inviting feedback
- Team working
- Interacting with people
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Subject should clearly indicate the position being applied for. Applications without this information will not be considered. Shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.