Shopping Mall Operations Manager Job vacancy Nairobi
Jan 2016 Shopping Mall Operations Manager career vacancy Nairobi Kenya
Job vacancy: Operations Manager Employment Nairobi 2016
Job description: Today Operations Manager Work Kenya
Career vacancy: Operations Manager
Our client is one of the biggest shopping malls in Nairobi’s upmarket area that houses a diversity of retail shops, offices, medical facilities and other utilities.
They are looking to recruit on Operations Manager to ensure that Mall operations run smoothly whilst achieving set service charge targets.
Responsibilities: Operations Manager vacancy
- Contribute to the development of strategic and annual business plans.
- Develop an annual operations budget as well as operational strategies and plans that respond to the overall plan and support the achievement of business targets.
- Prepare maintenance plans so as to ensure continuous and uninterrupted Centre services and minimized maintenance costs.
- Work through the departmental teams to maintain control over the day-to-day operations of the Mall and ensure that optimal service standards are maintained at all times.
- Contract and oversee the Centre’s service providers, third parties and contractors.
- Ensure that utility consumption and costs are effectively and efficiently managed.
- Ensure that all the building’s insurer’s requirements are complied with.
- Prepare and deliver operational and maintenance reports as required.
- Develop the Centre’s emergency and business continuity plans and procedures.
- Oversee all aspects of Centre’s health safety and environmental policies and procedures
- Ensure that all visitors, contractors and occupiers adhere to site health, safety and environmental procedures and are compliant with appropriate regulations.
- Enforce compliance by contractors to EHS standards.
- Participation in the recruitment, mentoring and coaching of Professional and Support Staff.
- Set and monitor performance targets for staff.
Requirements: Operations Manager vacancy
- Degree level education in facilities management or other relevant technical field.
- Knowledge of large building (concrete) structures and their associated mechanical and electrical services.
- Experience in managing contractors and contract procurement.
- A health and safety qualification from a recognized institution along with relevant experience in Health and Safety.
- Experience of setting and managing budgets, meeting deadlines and working within financial limits.
- Budgeting and budget monitoring
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong communications skills, written and oral
- Resourcefulness, creativity and a well-developed awareness of design principles
How to Apply: Operations Manager vacancy
Send your application including a cover letter and detailed CV, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees by Friday 22nd January, 2016 to:
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications.