Software Engineering Director Job at HCS Africa 2022
The name HCS Africa is derived from carefully selected words: ‘Human’, referring to our people-oriented approach, ‘Capital’, referring to our commitment of increase in profit, and ‘Synergies’, referring to the collaborative nature of our organization. Therefore our service provisions and methodologies are wholly centred on adding value to your most important source of profit – Human Resource – and anything else in line with your business priorities which require the synergy of our partnering stakeholders.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Be apart of Core Digital Health Leadership Group and work closely with the Chief Digital Health Officer (CDHO) to implement and realize the digital priorities and roadmap of Living Goods.
- Provide technology leadership and strategic direction to the in-house Global Software
- Engineering (GSE) team and third-party technology partner
- Participate and contribute to Living Goods strategic conversations and accordingly refine and implement the technology roadmap for the organization.
- Develop an understanding of organizational goals, requirements, and framework/
- Work plan to translate those requirements in software/ technical end-product
- Work in alignment with internal and external stakeholders to deliver projects on time, with high quality, and that meet Living Goods nee
- Be the team’s representative among senior and project leadership, effectively managing upwards and downwards
- Develop and deliver regular communication including software delivery status and risks to senior management
- Lead and manage the GSE team in terms of development, work planning/resourcing, mentorship, and team upskilling in alignment with their career goals and organizational future nee
- Lead and manage the GSE team in terms of development, workload/resourcing, mentorship, and up skilling in alignment with their career goals and organizational future nee
- Lead the GSE team to assess, recommend/decide on what needs to be stopped, what needs to be built as in-house skill sets from the technology landscape to support the stakeholder requirements.
- Be a leader who has built effective teams that deliver results, technical experts, managers, and future leader
- Plan and lead the diversification of technology skill sets within the team to realize the organizational strategic objectives and targets
- Lead and own the software design, development, and delivery component in the organizations Digital Health Department to provide high quality, reliable, scalable, available and secure software/ digital system
- Collaborate with software engineering staff to define and implement reliable, robust, scalable ,efficient and secure architectures operating preferably in a cloud en
- Create and execute key strategies to meet business outcomes and manage strategic re
- The ability to engage and constructively influence the C-level stakeholders for technology discussions and decisions.
- Define and manage the entire software development lifecycle in an agile delivery environment focusing on continuous deployment at pace while maintaining quality and performance of software systems including supporting systems in production, responding to production incidents and managing unplanned wor
- Develop/refine and implement the ‘Build, Borrow ,Buy’ framework to develop and support decision making for when we deliver value on technology by building solutions in-house and when we partner with other provide The long-term objective is to strengthen and diversify the in-house skill sets of GSE team to master a suite of proven technology platforms including the emerging technology horizon.
- Grow, mentor, manage and inspire a growing team of software engineers, providing clear and constructive feedback and creating opportunities for learning and grow This would include the assessment and development of a balanced technology skill set portfolio across both in-vogue and emerging technologies landscape.
- Strategic collaboration with senior management and stakeholders (e. Health, Operations, Innovation, Business Development, etc.) to define and build new features and products.
- Implementation of effective project management capabilities in the GSE team in order to manage technology deliverables and commitments to tea
- Provide regular and periodic reports, updates and insights to CDHO for necessary decision making and owning the risk register on the software engineering and development front.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 10+years across software engineering with a focus on high performing, innovative/creative and consumer-facing application and platforms.
- 6+years of leadership experience of which 4+ should be direct management experience of a medium-size team (15+).
- Previous hands-on experience developing web/mobile applications, transactional platforms from requirements gathering to delivery and support.
- Proven ability to efficiently manage all aspects of the software development lifecycle in an agile environment particularly multi-tier data-driven application
- Has a strong Software Engineering background (knowledge e in Java, Android, e) and deep knowledge of agile development practices, automated builds, continuous integration, Cloud and container infrastructure including micro-services.
- Comfortable with integration, extension and modification of open-source tools.
Method of Application
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to email@example.com
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 30 June. 2022