SOS Partnership Development Advisor NGO Jobs Kenya Kenya 2021
SOS Partnership Development Advisor NGO Jobs Kenya Kenya 2021
Career Employment Kenya: SOS Partnership Development Advisor NGO Jobs Kenya Kenya 2021
Job Description: Today vacancy in Kenya
Position title: Regional Institutional Partnership Development Advisor ESAF
Working location:** Addis Ababa /Nairobi
Direct Supervisor: Director Fund Development and Communication ESAF
Region: East and Southern Africa (ESAF)
Context of the position
Established in 1949, SOS Children’s Villages International is a dynamic, international social development organization working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of orphaned and vulnerable children.
We are searching for a dynamic, innovative, resilient and experienced candidate to join our organization as a Regional Institutional Partnership Development Advisor. The successful candidate will support a cluster of 4-6 countries in the Eastern and Southern Africa (ESAF) region to increase funding from institutional donors. By joining us, you will enjoy a diverse and motivated team and a conducive work environment
. The position will involve working with a global team to drive growth of income and diversify public grant portfolio through grant acquisition.You will play a critical role in building the capacity of the ESAF regional office and cluster countries in grant acquisition, effective grant management as well as strategic donor engagement, positioning and partnerships with key institutional actors.
We are the largest global federation of childcare organization operating in 135 countries and territories worldwide that offers you the opportunity to become a global citizen. While all other competitive benefit packages remain constant, we also offer you one of the challenging tasks that would help you maximize your potential and make a real difference in the lives of Children and young people across Africa.
Key performance areas and main responsibilities:
· Proactively identify and seek donor intelligence on new institutional funding opportunities that match beneficiary needs, organizational priorities and donor requirements.
· Support and coordinate the development of high quality concept notes and funding proposals for submission to institutional donors.
· Keep up-to-date with donor policy developments and trends, in the development and humanitarian sectors.
· Proactively engage donor agencies, regional networks and other stakeholders in fostering relations for collaborations and funding.
· Provide grant management and administration support for effective and efficient implementation of institutionally funded programs with a diverse group of donors, partners and staff.
· Facilitate and coordinate institutional funding activities such as cross regional Capacity building, Knowledge sharing and partnerships between General Secretariat (GSC), Promoting and Supporting Associations (PSA) and National Associations (NAs) and external stakeholders.
· Identify, organize and facilitate capacity building in proposal development, project design and management for NA’s through apprenticeship, webinars, trainings and knowledge transfer.
· Explore new opportunities for innovation mainly through research and close monitoring of cutting-edge approaches and dynamics in international development.
· Liaise closely with other internal functions and external stakeholders to guarantee adherence to organizational standards and to seek synergies wherever possible
· Lead and/or participate in cross-functional processes to enable SOS Children’s Villages to maximize its long-term net income and number of institutional partnerships
· Represent IPD Team in meetings/projects/workshops as appropriate
· We are looking for a seasoned professional with minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience in grant writing and acquisition, donor contract management and partnership and network building.
· Proven results in institutional partnership development in Africa, preferably within an international NGO/donor organization. Make sure your letter of motivation mention some of the successful proposals you have developed.
· Demonstrable recent and substantial work experience in a similar role with a minimum 5 years’ experience and direct experience in application writing
· Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision to meet tight deadlines
· A good team builder, innovative and creative, demonstrating high professional standards
· Ability to translate organizational policy into practice
· Experience in partnership development, supporting efficiency and relevance of regional networks, grant management & proposal development.
· Proven track record of successfully training, developing/mentoring support staff in a decentralized environment
· Ability to represent the organization at high level forums
· Analytical thinking skills and ability to influence others.
· Experience in developing, managing and monitoring development projects by NGOs, including multi-actor programs funded by Institutional donors.
· Willing to travel in and out of the region
· Concrete experience of work and collaboration with national, international institutional donors
Master Degree in International Development or other relevant studies OR 8 years’ experience in a similar role
- The opportunity to work in one of the largest International Non-Profit Organisations on Child Care, in a position with a varied scope of tasks and responsibilities directly impacting on the development of the organisation in achieving its strategic goals
To contribute to our meaningful mission: “*We build families for children in need, we help them shape their own futures and we share in the development of their communities.*
SOS Children’s Villages International holds strict child safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for conducts of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasize to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes