SOS Regional ICT Project Coordinator NGO Vacancies in Kenya Kenya 2021
SOS Regional ICT Project Coordinator NGO Vacancies in Kenya Kenya 2021
Career Employment Kenya: SOS Regional ICT Project Coordinator NGO Vacancies in Kenya Kenya 2021
Job Description: Today vacancy in Kenya
Regional ICT Projects Cooridnator – Connectivity, Infrastructure and Cloud
(Meraki, Azure AD, Cloud Infrastructure and Office 365 Applications)
(Job Ref: SOS/14/4)
Position title: Regional ICT Project Coordinator
Working location:** Nairobi, Kenya.
Direct Supervisor: Regional ICT Director, ESAF
Region: East and Southern Africa (ESAF)
SOS Children’s Villages International (SOS CVI) is non-governmental and non-denominational organization working with communities, partners and states to ensure that the rights of all children are fulfilled in every society. SOS CVI is a global federation working to protect and care for children who have lost parental care, or who stand at risk of losing the care. We respect all religions and cultures and work with trusted partners in places where we can contribute to social development. Everything we do is made possible through the generous support of sponsors and donors, institutional and corporate partners, and loyal friends worldwide.
Envisioning that every child belongs to a family and grows up with love, respect and security, we exist to build families for children in need, we help them shape their own futures, and we share in the development of their communities. Everything we do is guided by the firm belief that no child should grow up alone and that we need to improve care for children who are at risk, enabling them to overcome precarious conditions and to succeed in life. To achieve our mission, our strategy for the upcoming decade focuses on ensuring the best care of children, innovation, and effective collaboration with more partners. Our core values guiding who we are and what we do include courage to take action, commitment to keep our promises, trust to believe in each other, and accountability to be reliable Partners.
Mission of the position:
As part of the Shared ICT Services new project in region Eastern and Southern Africa (ESAF), the Regional ICT Projects Coordinator provides direct services to the Member Associations (MAs) of the region in areas of Connectivity, Infrastructure and Cloud. Under the supervision of the ESAF regional ICT team, she/he is responsible of executing the regional ICT projects plans in order to ensure smooth MAs ICT operations, and delivery of the projects targets.
The Regional ICT Projects Coordinator also provides direct support in provisioning of ICT services (remote/onsite) across the MAs of the region. She/he contribute to the processes of building the capacity of the National ICT Managers and the end users through means of guidelines development and virtual trainings libraries.
She/he is tasked with coordination support to the MAs in their Hardware and Software procurement plans in accordance to the approved standards, procedures and policies.
Key performance areas and main responsibilities:
Cloud Managed Network (Meraki) Deployment and Support
- Execute the project implementation plans in the targeted MAs.
- Monitor the network performance and service alerts and advise the regional ICT team.
- Provide ongoing technical support and troubleshooting to the Meraki NW Management Service
- Provide support for on-demand in-depth network performance investigations.
- Support the development of standards, procedures and guideline documents for the project.
- Provide regular reporting on the project status and maintain up to date project documentation.
Microsoft Cloud Services Deployment and Support (Azure AD, Cloud Infrastructure and Office 365 Applications)
· Execute the projects migration and implementation plans in the targeted MAs.
· Provide 2nd level helpdesk support on the Azure active directory services.
· Support the definition and implementation of the regional policies for MS Intune MDM.
· Document solutions and changes made on Intune end user devices.
· Create virtual trainings library for the ICT Managers on the various projects elements.
· Support the development of standards, procedures and guideline documents for the project.
· Provide regular reporting on the project status and maintain up to date project documentation
ICT Services Deployment, Provisioning and User Support
· Support the users virtually on commissioning and troubleshooting the Office 356 services.
· Conduct online sessions for new users’ orientation.
· Create virtual training library for the most common user technical support issues
· Conduct on the ground technical assessment for the MA administration and programme units to operate secure and efficient ICT operations
· Execute ICT infrastructure and services field-deployment missions as approved by the Regional ICT Director
Hosted Services Management and Procurement Support
- Support MAs on domains and web hosting registration and subscription management.
- Support the MAs on selecting the appropriate hardware specifications and software products.
- Support MA’s on software licences purchase through the International License Agreements.
- Facilitate the quotation request and procurement follow-up with the international suppliers
Any Other Tasks
- Execute any additional tasks that are assigned by the line manager(s) or functional supervisor within the scope of the job duties and technical expertise.
· BSc degree in Computer Sciences
· Certified in networking and Security (CCNA)
· Certified in Microsoft (MCSE/MCSA or equivalent).
· ITIL and Project Management certification are highly desirable.
· Advanced Knowledge in Microsoft windows server and client operating systems
· Basic knowledge in software defined (SD) networking such as Cisco Meraki.
· Hands on experience on Microsoft Office 365 services
· Hands on Experience on Microsoft Azure Cloud infrastructure
· Hands on Experience on Microsoft Intune and Enterprise Mobility Suit
· Strong client-service focus; able to work with diverse groups of people in a team-oriented environment.
· Solid experience in ICT hardware and software acquisition and management
· Professional communications skills
· Proven experience on coordination and communication.
· Ability to prioritise work, multi-task and meet deadlines.
· Relevant four years and above ICT experience preferably working on regional projects
· Track record of reliable and consistent performance.
· Excellent verbal and written English language skills.
- A diverse range of interesting tasks in a leading INGO multicultural working environment
- As a responsible employer we provide a range of training schemes and encourage educational enhancement
- A salary that will be commensurate with experience and qualifications
“SOS Children’s Villages International holds strict child safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for conducts of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasise to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes”.