SRC System Developer Senior Officer Job Kenya 2021
SRC System Developer Senior Officer Job Kenya 2021
Career Employment Kenya: SRC System Developer Senior Officer Job Kenya 2021
Job Description: Today vacancy in Kenya
System Developer Senior Officer Job, Kenyan Latest IT Vacancies,
Job Grade: RL5
Directorate: Corporate Services Department: ICT
Reporting to: Head of ICT Job Type:
This position reports to the Head of Information, Communication and Technology and is responsible for designing, developing, operationalizing and implementing computer software’s that are robust, reliable and secure in order to meet the organizational requirements of the Commission. This position is also responsible for managing, securing and taking care of the database system and easily accessible as needed.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Collaborating with management, departments and stakeholders to identify end-user requirements and specifications
- Designing algorithms and flowcharts to create new software programs and systems
- Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support)
- Ensure new and legacy applications meet quality standard
- Producing efficient and elegant code based on requirements
- Testing and deploying programs and applications
- Integrate software components and third-party programs
- Troubleshooting, debugging, maintaining and improving existing software
- Compiling and assessing user feedback to improve software performance
- Observing user feedback to recommend improvements to existing software products
- Developing technical documentation to guide future software development projects
- Responsible for the digitization of Commission business processes
- Identifying opportunities that can improve efficiency of business processes.
- Collaborate with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new applications
- Use tools and methodologies to create representations for functions and user interface of desired application
- Analyzing data contained in the corporate database and identify data integrity issues with existing and proposed systems and implement solutions.
- Investigating and resolving application functionality related issues, and troubleshoot application issues on existing systems.
- Assisting in the creation of the system design and functional specifications for all new development projects, writing technical procedures and documentation for the
- applications including operations, user guide, etc.
- Design interfaces to improve user experience
- Liaise with Product development team to plan new features
- Provide training and support to users
- Research and suggest new products, applications and protocols
- Verify and deploy programs and systems
- Gather and address technical and design requirements
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
- Troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance
- Collaborate with the development team to implement updates, upgrades, and patches to Commission website in a timely manner to limit loss of service.
- Providing day to day technical support to end users to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery to the Commission
- Demonstrate behaviours aligned to the commission’s values
- Provide feedback to enhance business processes and initiate process improvement to achieve operational excellence.
- Develop individual work plans, monitor own performance and seek requisite support to ensure delivery of agreed targets.
- Demonstrate behaviours aligned to the Commission’s values and take ownership
- Identify learning interventions and drive self-development.
- Any other relevant duties
Qualification and Personal Specification/profile:
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology from a recognized university
- Certifications in Software/Web Development and any additional relevant ICT certifications
- Membership to relevant professional body
- Six (6) years of service in a comparable position from a reputable organization
- Experience in Software/Web development applications
- Technical Knowledge in software/web development and database administration
- Experience in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementation and database management
- Good background in database design and development
- Strong project management skills with effective results focus within an information systems environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of integrity
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
- Knowledge in professional standards
- Ability to identify customer needs, develop service standards and deliver service excellence
- High level of integrity and Interpersonal skills
- Ability to deliver results in a complex and dynamic envi
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications indicating their current salary together with detailed Curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
Shortlisted candidates MUST present and fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 by providing original copies of the following documents during interviews;
- A valid tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- A valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI);
- A valid Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB); and
- A valid Clearance Certificate from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) (Must provide certificate or report)
Application to be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked at the top “Application for the position of……” and delivered to:
The Commission Secretary
Salaries and Remuneration Commission
Williamson House 6th Floor
4th Ngong Avenue
P.O. Box 43126 – 00100
To be received on or before 27th September, 2021
Salaries and Remuneration Commission is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified candidates from minority, marginalized groups and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.