SustaiNet Group Human Resources Lead Job in Kenya 2022
SustaiNet Group Human Resources Lead Job in Kenya 2022
Career Employment Kenya: SustaiNet Group Human Resources Lead Job in Kenya 2022
Job Description: Today Recruitment Kenya
SustaiNet Group Ltd
Job Profile: Human Resources Lead
Background: SustaiNet Group (SGL) offers development consulting services to facilitate effective agricultural market-oriented and socially and environmentally responsible development international development organisations and agro-businesses.
As part of our Vizuri360 compliance and business support brand, we also provide HR, finance, payroll, company registration, event management and similar services to international development organisations and agro-businesses who wish to outsource such services to enable them to focus on their core business.
Under our Shiriki House Office Community brand, we offer exclusive co-working spaces for companies and organisations who subscribe to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) and responsible business practices.
We have achieved rapid growth over the past years and expect this to continue.
We are headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya and operates Country Office in Kampala, Uganda.
Would you like to join us on our growth journey?
We are looking for an experienced and versatile HR professional with diverse experience able to demonstrate strategic thinking, is business oriented, and has excellent human relations and communication skills to spearhead internal staff relations and growth, HR management and acquisition and implementation of Vizuri360 HR service offers.
You will have proven leadership abilities and good social analytical skills, be result driven, innovative, and motivated to make a positive difference.
You will be based in our Rhapta Road office in Nairobi and working with a multidisciplinary team and in an inter-cultural business setting.
As our HR Lead, you will oversee our two-member HR team and application of well embedded HR systems and procedures.
Responsibilities and tasks
Reporting to our Group CEO and in consultation with the Technical Directors and other Team Leads, the HR Lead is responsible for the following:
1. Organizational Development and Strategic HR Management
- Lead on all aspects related to HR management and development.
- Advise SGL Directors on issues of Strategic HR and change management, and organizational development.
- Collaborate with Senior Management to shape a workforce and workplace culture that is coherent with SGL’s vision, mission and core values and enables SGL to deliver on its strategies
- Work closely with Team Leads to ensure that SGL’s core values are expressed coherently in all aspects of its work practices and relations to ensure that staff feel valued and heard in an inclusive and safe workplace environment.
- Coordinate with the SGL Staff Committee to enhance staff engagement in key HR initiatives and staff cohesion and wellbeing initiatives.
- Ensure high quality HR data management, tracking and analyses of key metrics to support HR service delivery.
- Institute timely and efficient HR planning processes, including succession planning and HR forecasting.
2. HR Policy
- Advise SGL management and staff on HR policy matters and provide policy clarification and interpretation when required.
- Ensure compliance and adherence to HR standard operating procedures.
- Prepare periodic updates of the HR Policy.
3. Performance Management, professional development, and capacity building
- Ensure that the SGL performance management system adheres to sound HR management standards.
- Support Directors, Team Leads and staff to ensure effective use of the performance management system.
- Ensure smooth operation of reward/promotion decision making processes.
- Develop and oversee implementation of staff development plans derived from SGL strategies, performance management processes and emerging learning needs.
- Advise staff on training, learning, team effectiveness and career development issues.
4. Vizuri360 HR acquisition and service delivery
- Cooperate with the Vizuri360 Lead to define Vizuri360 HR service offerings, to be presented in Vizuri360 HR services catalogue.
- In consultation with the Vizuri360 Lead spearhead acquisition initiatives for provision of Vizuri360 HR services, including development of technical and financial proposals to prospective clients.
- Oversee timely delivery of Vizuri360 HR services to clients and healthy client account management and relationships.
5. Management and Coordination
- Effectively manage the HR Team, including planning, budgeting, task delegation and performance management and represent the team in SGL senior management meetings
- Supervise the HR Team’s implementation of recurrent HR management functions, including:
- Talent sourcing through the SGL Zoho and other platforms, recruitment, appointment and contracting.
- Effective induction and onboarding of new staff.
- Ensure compliance with prevailing government HR regulations and identify, mitigate, and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Timely processing of payroll and remittance of statutory and non-statutory deductions to relevant authorities through the payroll software.
- Management of staff leave, pension, insurance and other benefits.
- Maintaining HR filing system on SGL SharePoint and ensure that all personnel files are up to date.
- Maintaining the HRMS system as a core instrument for SGL staff management.
- Master’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Law, Business Administration with specialization in Human Resources / Organisational Development or related fields.
- Relevant Professional qualification, e.g., Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP) would be an added advantage
- At least 7 years of progressive experience in Human Resources and Organizational Development
- Strong record of leading delivery of strategic HR functions to a high standard.
- Demonstrated ability to foster positive organisational culture, staff wellbeing and productivity.
- Experience in acquisition and delivery of HR consultancy and other service offerings to external clients.
- Experience working for an organization/company working with international clients an advantage.
- Strategic thinking: Evaluates issues from different perspectives to formulate plans and strategies to achieve long-term goals.
- Leadership: Optimizes resources around long-term plans and programmes while setting high standards and creates conditions that enable the team to perform at its best.
- Result orientation: Maintains a consistent focus on delivering both short- and long-term goals and is highly focused on delivering quality outcomes and impacts.
- Teamwork and cooperation: Coordinates and shares resources with other teams, and fosters spirit of cooperation between and within teams.
- Market awareness: Seeks market opportunities for HR consultancy and service provision and proactively responds to market challenges.
- Behavioural flexibility and managing change: Adapt to change and adjusts to new circumstances while helping others do the same.
- Remuneration is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. Our benefits package includes medical insurance, pension contribution and paid leave.
Interested candidates should upload their applications which include a detailed CV, cover letter motivating their interest in the position, current and expected salary and contacts of 3 referees to our recruitment portal:
Deadline for submission: 17th June 2022.
Hardcopies and/or email applications will not be accepted.
SGL is an equal opportunity employer.